• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    5.17 looks like it's shaping up nicely.

Also, f**k cancer.
    What cancer?

Comment

Originally posted by bosjc View Post

I guess you don't need actual security updates, stability, or anything else either then.

https://blog.martin-graesslin.com/bl...-environments/
      The best way to keep updated with security and all the rest is to keep your computer turned off.
      First of all, I want a computer that makes what I want, not viceversa.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post

Doesn't that happen every time a new version of Debian is released - testing is frozen and things get backed up for awhile? I'm assuming we are just in that phase with the Buster roll out right now.
        Buster has been out for a while already, the freeze has been over since then.

Comment

Anyone who misses the look and feel of KDE 3.5, do yourself a favor and try out the Trinity Desktop Environment. I'm really enjoying my time with it recently. It's missing some of the modern aspects of window management, like dragging windows to the left or right screen border to fill half the screen. But for my eyes it's a better looking DE than what is generally available.
          It only needs a beautiful theme engine, a nice icon theme and a nice wallpaper. Trinity has also compositing, for those need it (me dont).

Comment

Originally posted by frank007 View Post
            I've happily passed to Trinity (former Kde3) just a few days ago. I don't need plasma, blood, gtk3-4-5-6-... and whatever you want.
            It has all what I want without selling my blood. Sometimes they return!
            (For those curious it has also networkmanager and pulseadio support).
            Anyone who misses the look and feel of KDE 3.5, do yourself a favor and try out the Trinity Desktop Environment. I'm really enjoying my time with it recently. It's missing some of the modern aspects of window management, like dragging windows to the left or right screen border to fill half the screen. But for my eyes it's a better looking DE than what is generally available.
            Stop constantly shilling this buggy, insecure,irrelevant ,featureless and worthless trash, gramps.
            Last edited by retardxfce; 19 September 2019, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
              When will Wayland run on Plasma with Nvidia? They said they were working on it and was kinda done, no news?

I sometimes use my NVIDIA with wayland and it has advanced the support very much new version of KDE

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

Buster has been out for a while already, the freeze has been over since then.
                Is it over? I think it then takes awhile for everything to percolate through the system even after the freeze.

Comment

Originally posted by retardxfce View Post
                  Stop constantly shilling this buggy, insecure,irrelevant ,featureless and worthless trash, gramps.
                  It's what us grandpa's do. Buggy, insecure, irrelevant and featureless is just our speed.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

What cancer?
                    The 5.17 release is dedicated to KDE developer Guillermo Amaral who passed away from cancer last summer

Comment

No thanks, no need to tell people in this thread about something outdated like this! It doesn't age like wine.

Comment

Working...
                      X