• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by birdie View Post
    This is madness.
    Madness?
    THIS! IS! MOZILLA!

Comment

Whether you need it or not, right? If there's no reason to patch the stable in between significant releases, then don't go through the motions. As it is I look at changelogs for things and if I don't care, I don't do it. It takes me nearly two hours to build Firefox these days with PGO+LTO so there's got to be a good reason for me. Twice, because glibc is currently dissimilar in the two distros I use. I have enjoyed stabilizing on 69.0 for the past 15 days (i.e. no patch level releases in that time to second guess) :-)

Releases for the sake of release schedules are just spinning wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by AsuMagic View Post
        Thank god, we were starting to lag behind Chrome's version numbers. Suck it, Google!
        I hate marketing-oriented versioning so much. It undermines the reason behind versioning, which is letting people using software know what scope of changes to expect when updating. People should just stick to semver and call it a day.

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post

I hate marketing-oriented versioning so much. It undermines the reason behind versioning, which is letting people using software know what scope of changes to expect when updating. People should just stick to semver and call it a day.
          I think date-based is probably better than semvar here, and really for anything with a particular release schedule like the Kernel

Comment

Sigh, just release it when you have something meaningful to release and not because it's a full moon.

Comment

all i can say is, this will suck balls, whats the point of using a Nightly now?

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
                all i can say is, this will suck balls, whats the point of using a Nightly now?
                If you were running nightly before, then why would you care about when they do official releases anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by SpyroRyder View Post

I think date-based is probably better than semvar here, and really for anything with a particular release schedule like the Kernel
                  Yeah, one of the things Ubuntu got right.

Comment

Originally posted by flashmozzg View Post

Yeah, one of the things Ubuntu got right.
                    Almost. For some reason their releases feel buggy at times.
                    One of them would basically crash after installing and rebooting the machine, leaving me with an unusable desktop. Do they really do QA during the set schedule?

Comment

Originally posted by NateHubbard View Post

If you were running nightly before, then why would you care about when they do official releases anyway?
                      i do run Beta's also

Comment

Working...
                      X