Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PulseAudio 13.0 Released With Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
    Who uses sound cards anymore?

    Stay digital. Use a good solid DAC.

    No noise. No crackling. No fuss, no muss.
    People who just want to plug their 3.5mm audio cables they've had for years upon years and have no need for extra equipment? Also some people are way too sensitive to "poor quality" sound.

    Comment


    • #42
      Anyone who describes basic human decency as cancer is a gutter trash human being who needs to pull their head out of their ass and seek out a therapist to fix their deep rooted issues instead of doubling down and insisting they have some right to their shitty attitude being imposed on people. Anyone like that is nothing more than a toddler playing adult no matter what they accomplish. If you dont want your accomplishments marred by your shit attitude then take some actual personal responsibility in how you conduct yourself instead of blaming everyone but yourself and claiming its unfair.

      Comment


      • #43
        Originally posted by Volta View Post
        oiaohm
        Nice theory, but in practice it's a little different. Army example doesn't stand, because dumb people have no place in special forces. In regular army they're dominated by smarter soldiers. I wasn't talking about incompetence, but about being dumb. Two different things. If someone is dumb right now he will bring a risk to entire squad. The same when comes to programming. Company may loose a lot of money, because of him. If you're too nice to him then he may not have enough motivation to become smarter (if possible) or change a job. You can of course criticize someone politely, but being forced to show empathy and being respectful is too much. When someone accuses you of bad driving (and it's his fault) are you saying: ok, I'm sorry, won't happen again? Then in your home you're dealing with your emotions: what a fucking dumb shit, it was his fault? What's more funny it's me who's against dumb CoC, but my answers didn't offend anyone personally in this thread. This is why CoC make people hypocrites.
        Dude, you are just a flawed human being making excused for not growing beyond childish rants and you are just flat out wrong and ranting utter nonsense unsupported by reality. Go get some therapy and get over your pride in your shitty attitude and actions.

        Comment


        • #44
          Originally posted by PreparationH67 View Post
          Anyone who describes basic human decency as cancer is a gutter trash human being who needs to pull their head out of their ass and seek out a therapist to fix their deep rooted issues instead of doubling down and insisting they have some right to their shitty attitude being imposed on people. Anyone like that is nothing more than a toddler playing adult no matter what they accomplish. If you dont want your accomplishments marred by your shit attitude then take some actual personal responsibility in how you conduct yourself instead of blaming everyone but yourself and claiming its unfair.
          It's quite ironic that people such as yourself are so toxic against opinions that you disagree with.

          The entire topic is subjective. Leave it at that.

          Comment


          • #45
            Originally posted by cl333r View Post

            Oh, don't worry, like Wayland it will be ready within just 15 years.
            To be honest I really hope this will be the case, because the fact that it processes audio+video at the same time, and even aims to do low-latency audio like JACK worries me...

            Comment


            • #46
              Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post
              I hope the path to Pipewire stability won't be a repeat of the Pulseaudio path.
              I hope the same, especially regarding the comment I posted above.

              Comment


              • #47
                Originally posted by fuzz View Post
                Also some people are way too sensitive to "poor quality" sound.
                *raises hand*
                For over 2 years, I've had to hear a faint hum in my audio jack that reacts to the graphics card and a 1000Hz timer.

                Comment


                • #48
                  Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

                  *raises hand*
                  For over 2 years, I've had to hear a faint hum in my audio jack that reacts to the graphics card and a 1000Hz timer.
                  I'm the kind of person that gets irritable at mp3's encoded below 160kbps constant or192kbps variable due to treble quality so I get it.

                  Comment


                  • #49
                    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

                    *raises hand*
                    For over 2 years, I've had to hear a faint hum in my audio jack that reacts to the graphics card and a 1000Hz timer.
                    Well some of us have hearing disabilities and have never head "normal" hearing, so hearing anything at all is something to be thankful for . But I could see how that would bother you.

                    Comment


                    • #50
                      Originally posted by fuzz View Post

                      Well some of us have hearing disabilities and have never head "normal" hearing, so hearing anything at all is something to be thankful for . But I could see how that would bother you.
                      I can hear normally. The problem is that I can hear a faint noise coming out of my headphones when nothing is playing.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X