Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Frameworks 5.62 Released With KWayland Additions & Other Improvements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KDE Frameworks 5.62 Released With KWayland Additions & Other Improvements

    Phoronix: KDE Frameworks 5.62 Released With KWayland Additions & Other Improvements

    KDE Frameworks 5.62 is out today as the latest monthly update to this collection of KDE libraries complementing the Qt5 tool-kit offerings...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...rameworks-5.62

  • #2
    Contains quite good improvements for Wayland, hope it will improve the experience in Plasma.

    Comment


    • #3
      zwp_linux_dmabuf_v1 will soon be used by Firefox on Wayland, to speed up WebGL and Video decoding (first YUV to RGB color space transformation, but hopefully full GPU video decoding eventually). So this is quite cool.

      Comment


      • #4
        Those improvements also make mpv Wayland work.

        Comment


        • #5
          I wish devs would stop appeasing Nvidia by supporting EGL. If no one works on it Nvidia will be forced to eventually use the same backend as everyone else or work on it themselves.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by disobeyedtoast View Post
            I wish devs would stop appeasing Nvidia by supporting EGL. If no one works on it Nvidia will be forced to eventually use the same backend as everyone else or work on it themselves.
            NVIDIA was indeed forced to write EGLStreams support themselves. They got their support code merged in KWin 5.16.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

              NVIDIA was indeed forced to write EGLStreams support themselves. They got their support code merged in KWin 5.16.
              It's nice when I'm happy I'm wrong.

              Comment


              • #8
                How do I install this on buster? Can someone provide me with a link please?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sireangelus View Post
                  How do I install this on buster? Can someone provide me with a link please?
                  You can either wipe Debian from your computer or wait 5 years .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by sireangelus View Post
                    How do I install this on buster? Can someone provide me with a link please?
                    You can either compile it yourself or use the testing/sid repo when KF5.62 will come to them. None of these are guaranteed to work nor recommended.
                    If you want bleeding-edge software, Debian stable is not the good choice. Prefer Debian testing or a rolling-release distribution like Gentoo or Arch.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X