GNOME Shell + Mutter Patches Pending For Wayland Fullscreen Compositing Bypass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by discordian View Post
    This slow trickle of features that have been there from the start is killing me, and at the same time there are flaws discovered (Wayland Zombie Apocalypse) which wont be fixed at their origin.
    Flaws? Maybe one can rewrite in a safer language like these brave devs:

This new version of wayland-rs brings several changes to the library API, in order to improve general ergonomics in writing Wayland clients and server programs. The main change is the introduction ...

It seems they don't give up but restructured in a way to overcome the language mismatch in this new release.

Comment

Originally posted by juarezr View Post

Flaws? Maybe one can rewrite in a safer language like these brave devs:

This new version of wayland-rs brings several changes to the library API, in order to improve general ergonomics in writing Wayland clients and server programs. The main change is the introduction ...

It seems they don't give up but restructured in a way to overcome the language mismatch in this new release.
      That's a flaw independent of the language, and chances are that this library does not handle the flaw correctly. Those rust people sure cant help but hijack every thread.

Comment

I don't like this - I have no performance impact from not unredirecting, and as bonus I get no tearing.
        Gnome X11 tears when it unredirects. Not good

Comment

Man I pray that this will land as a bugfix for the .1 pointrelease then.

Comment

Working...
          X