Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 4.16 Bringing Better Compatibility With Windows Debuggers

Phoronix: Wine 4.16 Bringing Better Compatibility With Windows Debuggers

Wine 4.16 is out as the newest bi-weekly development snapshot leading up to the Wine 5.0 release in just a few more months...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I remember reading here in Phoronix, probably +7 years ago about a Intel developer/intern who died here in Brazil, he was riding a bicycle and suffered an accident being hit by a car or something like that

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
      I remember reading here in Phoronix, probably +7 years ago about a Intel developer/intern who died here in Brazil, he was riding a bicycle and suffered an accident being hit by a car or something like that
      Yes, Dodonov sadly passed 7 years ago - https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...tem&px=MTEzNTk

Yum developer Seth Vidal also passed away 6~7 years ago from bicycling accident as well.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

This wine version have some improvements related mouse behaviour but most important d9vk still works

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
          but most important d9vk still works
          Why should it stop from doing so?

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            The Wine community is also mourning the loss of prominent Wine developer and CodeWeavers employee Józef Kucia who died last month in a caving accident. Jozef had started the VKD3D initiative for bringing up Direct3D 12 over Vulkan and had also made many Wine graphics improvements in recent years.
            Really sad to hear about his passing. Condolences to those who knew him.

Comment

If the universe were just and compassionate good people would not suffer and die my friends.

But it's not, so it's up to humanity to remedy the random destruction of life.

Some challenges in life seem too grand, but with today's science and technology this one is not.

In fact, history clearly records that our progress as a species is not impeded by our inability to solve critical problems; it is instead impeded by our inability to recognize and focus on them.
              ST

"Nature, far from a benign cycle of life, is instead an endless cycle of death.

Demanding not only the suffering and lives of the guilty, but also the innocent.

Let us strive for improvement."
              SearingTruth

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
                Why should it stop from doing so?
                unwanted regression for example, regressions are very common in wine

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post

unwanted regression for example, regressions are very common in wine

Yeah, but it's just a userspace lib like everything else. So I wouldn't expect D9VK to be very prone to breakage by Wine issues in general.

I btw. hope this gets fixed/reverted for the next release:

Doesn't make me overly happy to still have this in 4.16, it's ruining lots of games for me.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
                    I btw. hope this gets fixed/reverted for the next release:

Doesn't make me overly happy to still have this in 4.16, it's ruining lots of games for me.
                    Great - that "incomplete list of applications affected" is nearly half the games I play.
                    It'll be interesting to see if WINE actually reverts that bad commit promptly now that it's been tracked down, or if they just redhat it for months. On the plus side, you've saved me wasting my time testing current WINE with a Navi card, and for that I thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X