Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GNOME 3.34 Released With Its Many Performance Improvements & Better Wayland Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by k1e0x View Post

    Because it's old windows 3.1 garbage legacy trash and we don't want it? lol
    You are seething very hard because you dont have a feature. You just said that the filepicker was introduced in vista but now its 3.1 legacy trash. Make up your mind.

    "Gnome doesnt have a feature, therefore we dont need it"
    "Mac doesnt have it either, and gnome must be like mac"
    "you dont need thumbnails, you dont even need a gui just guess the file you want to open"

    gnome mental gymnastics, ladies and gentlemen
    Last edited by retardxfce; 09-13-2019, 07:11 PM.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by retardxfce View Post

      You are seething very hard because you dont have a feature. You just said that the filepicker was introduced in vista but now its 3.1 legacy trash. Make up your mind.

      "Gnome doesnt have a feature, therefore we dont need it"
      "Mac doesnt have it either, and gnome must be like mac"
      "you dont need thumbnails, you dont even need a gui just guess the file you want to open"

      gnome mental gymnastics, ladies and gentlemen
      Yeah right. I'm talking about the text box and you know it. If you have an actual real argument here great, my mental state however is between me and my mind.

      btw.. When you think they going to ban you again? lol
      Last edited by k1e0x; 09-13-2019, 07:20 PM.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by k1e0x View Post

        Yeah right. I'm talking about the text box and you know it. If you have an actual real argument here great, my mental state however is between me and my mind.

        btw.. When you think they going to ban you again? lol
        You dont have an actual argument why there shouldnt be thumbnails in the filepicker except for non arguments like "waah mac does it too" and "gnome devs said I dont need it and they must be right" . at least KDE lets you chose between list view (like gnome) and thumbnail view.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by retardxfce View Post

          You dont have an actual argument why there shouldnt be thumbnails in the filepicker except for non arguments like "waah mac does it too" and "gnome devs said I dont need it and they must be right" . at least KDE lets you chose between list view (like gnome) and thumbnail view.
          I said none of that. I said it's unnecessary for the task the user is trying to accomplish and it's needless UI clutter. (and thats pretty typical for KDE/Windows, non-minimal design) I'm speaking UI design here. Not strawman.

          It's alright if you like that design. Like I said before, lots of old OS's has it. (XFCE is similar to Gnome)
          Last edited by k1e0x; 09-13-2019, 07:37 PM.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by k1e0x View Post
            btw.. When you think they going to ban you again? lol
            He's not debianxfce. He/she is (or was) a parody account of debianxfce.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

              He's not debianxfce. He/she is (or was) a parody account of debianxfce.
              It's a convincing act.. lol

              Comment


              • #67
                Looks like this is going to make it for 3.34 as well.
                https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutte...e_requests/798

                Have fun gamers

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by k1e0x View Post

                  I said none of that. I said it's unnecessary for the task the user is trying to accomplish and it's needless UI clutter. (and thats pretty typical for KDE/Windows, non-minimal design) I'm speaking UI design here. Not strawman.

                  It's alright if you like that design. Like I said before, lots of old OS's has it. (XFCE is similar to Gnome)
                  Again these mental gymnastics. Clutter and minimalist design? What do gnome users know about design , absolutely nothing. There is a difference between minimalist design and removing option for the sake of it.
                  the task the user is trying to accomplish? It's clear to me that you have never used s filepicker or don't use it often, so you have no idea how it's being used. The task most users want to accomplish requires thumbnails.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    To easily verify how broken Mutter's vsync on Wayland is, play a video with mpv in xwayland fullscreen --video-sync=display-resample --interpolation and enable its statistics OSD via Shift + i: Regular vsync jitter jumps by +0.1, causing mistimed frame presentation.
                    Do the same on Plasma Wayland: constantly low vsync jitter with perfect frame timing.

                    Gnome devs: How is this still possible?
                    And in your presentation video you show the improved performance of the "show all programs" starter menu. What you don't show is that it makes the mouse cursor hang each time when you click that button on Wayland.

                    -> still technical preview character

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
                      To easily verify how broken Mutter's vsync on Wayland is, play a video with mpv in xwayland fullscreen --video-sync=display-resample --interpolation
                      Why would you use `--interpolation`?

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X