Better Flatpak Support For Firefox Appears To Be Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uid'313
    Also for media players that open media files downloaded from the internet, so would be good with Flatpak for VLC media player too.
    Come on, don't tell me Flatpak doesn't have argument passing? One heck of an important feature that shall be implemented on every app packaging solution? (e.g. flatpak run <app> [arguments])

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Come on, don't tell me Flatpak doesn't have argument passing? One heck of an important feature that shall be implemented on every app packaging solution? (e.g. flatpak run <app> [arguments])
      Why don't you think this doesn't work? Works fine!

Comment

See? And this is why I don't like Flatpak at all. Sandboxing is mandatory in it and I hate it.
        We'll, that's a feature, not a bug.

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post

Why don't you think this doesn't work? Works fine!
          Thought so because uid stated it doesn't work on VLC.

Comment

Thought so because uid stated it doesn't work on VLC.
            Did uid? But not in this thread.

Comment

Did uid? But not in this thread.
              Yes, or I think it pointed it out as an example.

Comment

Flatpak has argument passing... it wouldn't work otherwise as that's how "Open With" works...

Comment

Flatpak is cool, if I had to choose I'd prefer my apps sandboxed than like they are today. I blindly trust open source apps, but let's be honest.. it's not because it's open source that there is no risk.

The only thing missing with Flatpak is the permission detection (like in a smartphone), so that if an application wants to have access to the webcam, you don't have to build the flatpak with it enabled or to add the permission yourself through a command line; it would simply pop up a window asking you for the permission to use the webcam, and you can allow or refuse it.

It is actually in progress and I'm eager to see it working at last!

Comment

Yes, or I think it pointed it out as an example.
                    As an example of what flatpaks would be good to have. There is a difference between 'it would be cool if some packages VLC' and 'packaging VLC it not possible'.

Actually, the package is already done :

Comment

As an example of what flatpaks would be good to have. There is a difference between 'it would be cool if some packages VLC' and 'packaging VLC it not possible'.

Actually, the package is already done :

https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.videolan.VLC
                      It is done, but is it possible to assign a file extension to it?

Comment

Working...
                      X