Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chrome 77 Released With Serial API, WebVR 1.1 & Any Element Can Provide Form Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how many piss on Chrome for privacy, while at the same time uses a Google/Facebook service and have a Android or iOS phone...

Comment

Is Brave still better than Chrome with Ghostery, Privacy Badger, Nano Adblocker, and NoScript extensions? Also just switched to using DuckDuckGo for most searches. Honest question.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
        Is Brave still better than Chrome with Ghostery, Privacy Badger, Nano Adblocker, and NoScript extensions? Also just switched to using DuckDuckGo for most searches. Honest question.
        You can add all those extensions in Brave through the Chrome web store. And you can use any search engine you want. Brave is based on Chromium, but is faster than Chrome and doesn't phone home all your online activity to Google.

Comment

New feature:
          tab sharing between devices
          This has been in Firefox for quite a while now, and I use it all the time. You click the `user icon` -> `Send tab to device`

Good to see it coming to Chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
            I wonder how many piss on Chrome for privacy, while at the same time uses a Google/Facebook service and have a Android or iOS phone...
            I agree. I tried to convince my parents to move away from Keep, but I have failed as they still use it...

Comment

Hi Michael, I think I see some kind of a bug in phoronix website, or perhaps it is a feature:-)

In the Android version of chrome 77, there is a flag you could turn on to turn the *content* of the web interface, not just the UI, into the dark mode (chrome://flags and then check Android Web Contents Dark Mode to "Enabled").

After doing that, most websites have dark backgrounds and white fonts, but the pictures are displayed in correct color (so it's not just an inversion of colors). Now phoronix.com is one of the few website that still have white background and dark fonts on white background.

Curiously, phoronix forum seems to respect the color scheme of this dark content mode and show dark background and white fonts. I don't know much about web development, nor how chrome dark mode work. But it'll be great if phoronix main page also follow the dark content mode!

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
                I don't use Chrome/Chromium at all but Pale Moon and DuckDuckGo. At the same time I still use my SE W995 and I don't have Facebook profile - I'm disgusted from all this "social" bullshits.

Comment

They need to get Igalia to work on V4L2 so we can skip the VAAPI/VDPAU work that will be deprecated.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveRPi View Post
                    They need to get Igalia to work on V4L2 so we can skip the VAAPI/VDPAU work that will be deprecated.
                    Isn't V4L2 just about recording? VAAPI/VDPAU in turn is used to decode and play videos.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post

Article said it was "lightning fast". No pissing contest - Brave is faster. And has no intention to get rid of ad/tracking blocking. And is pretty straight-forward to build from source. Try that trick with Chrome.
                      And Dillo is even faster than Brave. Again: stop the pissing contest already.

Comment

Working...
                      X