Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chrome 77 Released With Serial API, WebVR 1.1 & Any Element Can Provide Form Data

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome 77 Released With Serial API, WebVR 1.1 & Any Element Can Provide Form Data

Phoronix: Chrome 77 Released With Serial API, WebVR 1.1 & Any Element Can Provide Form Data

Google has rolled out Chrome 77 into their stable channel as the newest version of their lightning fast web browser for Linux...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...me-77-Released

Brave is faster. Just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
      And in nightly release support hardware video (h264/vp9) decode via vaapi

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
        Vivaldi is way more customizable. Just sayin'.

But seriously dude, stop spreading these kind of advertisements, it's not a pissing contest. Either discuss the topic at hand (in this case Chrome 77) or just don't hit reply at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

But seriously dude, stop spreading these kind of advertisements, it's not a pissing contest. Either discuss the topic at hand (in this case Chrome 77) or just don't hit reply at all.
          Article said it was "lightning fast". No pissing contest - Brave is faster. And has no intention to get rid of ad/tracking blocking. And is pretty straight-forward to build from source. Try that trick with Chrome.

Comment

Serial API? Not hip enough! Gotta be JSON-RPC over QUIC over SLIP.

Comment

I'm glad that the development of Chrome continues, I find it great.

Comment

But not open-source.

I totally agree. However, Comment #6 also derails the thread, so End of Topic.

Comment

Phoronix started the advertising pissing contest though..

Comment

I use Chrome, Brave and Vivaldi. Yes, Chrome is fast and getting faster but its coming at a price unfortunately.

I am just starting to deprecate my Chrome use due to the upcoming change in extensions behavior.

Currently I am on Brave after running Vivaldi for 3 months.

It's just a tool for me. If the hammer hits the nail as I want, I am good.

But when Stanley changes the handle that make its harder to hold, then I go looking at Craftsman or Kobalt.

Comment

Working...
                    X