KDE Now Supports Fractional Scaling On Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThoreauHD View Post
    Whatever this is, as long as it doesn't turn every rando away from linux because it's a non-functioning screen tearing/black screen POS- I'm good with it.

Along that train of thought, it would be really swell if you kde imbeciles focused on your "Holy crap, It's on Fire!" bugs after this "more shit to break" patch is finished. I am so, so very beyond tired of making excuses for you.

Why is Bob seizing up on the floor from this new 'REM screen tearing' feature that has no epilepsy warning?

Why am I booting to a black screen when the video driver is properly installed?

I don't know. But there are only so many times I can try to explain that kde is NOT Linux, before people flip me off.

In short KDE- Fix yer shit, numbnuts.
    With this attitude, no matter the provocation, you're lucky anyone will give you the time of day.

Comment

Originally posted by slacka
      Progress here is great, but KDE will continue to look embarrassingly ugly and unprofessional until they address the KDE library bug that causes ugly horizontal lines with many KDE apps like Konsole, KDevelop, kate, and kwrite.
      It’s a Qt bug of some kind. I ran into it myself, and it made my laptop unusable. On the positive side, it does not occur under wayland, on the negative side, wayland itself had issues under KDE last time I tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by bvbfan View Post

That's not a KDE bug, it's Qt bug or side effect of rendering + graphic driver.
        Oh really? What Qt bug is it?

Comment

You can search for more.

Comment

Swing and miss. Your qt 5.6 bug report was not confirmed, has to do with widget scaling, has no steps to reproduce, or any technical information. It will never be addressed nor is it related to KDE's current problems.

The issue I am referring to affects KDE apps that use KTextEditor framework. If KDE devs actually believed that this was an issue with upstream qt, then they would to file a proper bug report. In the meantime, all of the evidence points to an internal KDE issue with their framework. All the fanboyism in the world won't change those facts.
            Last edited by slacka; 09 September 2019, 08:51 AM.

Comment

So i'm a contributor to KDE, not a fanboy, if i can fix i'll do, but i don't have deep knowledge in rendering engine. Whatever, rendering is something that KDE does not do, it's done in Qt / Graphic stack, that bug is totally unrelated to KDE since you can see horizontal / vertical artifacts on drawing lines which means rendering do wrong calculations when it draws. Meanwhile bug report has exactly same artifacts and they are caused by Qt itself, despite bug is assigned or not it's in Qt / Graphic stack.

Comment

Originally posted by bvbfan View Post
                That bug is totally unrelated to KDE since you can see horizontal / vertical artifacts on drawing lines which means rendering do wrong calculations when it draws. Meanwhile bug report has exactly same artifacts and they are caused by Qt itself, despite bug is assigned or not it's in Qt / Graphic stack.
                Fan or contributor, my point still stands. You continue to defend KDE without understanding the facts: This bug affects KDE apps that use the KTextEditor framework. Not all qt5 apps are affected, but KDE apps that use KTextEditor are affected. Yes, it could be an issue with Qt, but it could also be an issue with the way KTextEditor calls Qt.

Since the KDE devs have not filed a bug report upstream, I’m inclined to believe it’s on their end. The Qt bug report you linked to is from an end user. You know perfectly well that it will never be touched as it's completely lacking any of the details needed for Qt devs to work on it.
                Last edited by slacka; 09 September 2019, 07:03 PM.

Comment

So we talk about different bugs, i told exactly to fractal scale on X11, it affect all Qt apps, not only KDE, it's horizontal / vertical over widgets. I don't see it, it's quite easy to every application with different dpi `QT_SCALE_FACTOR=1.5 kwrite`

Comment

Actually i've test fractal scaling on Qt 5.13.1 all artifacts are gone, so you should wait for it.

Comment

Known and documented bug with QT, this happens even on QT applications on MacOS, so no, it's not KDE related.

Comment

Working...
                      X