KDE Will Prioritize Wayland, Consistency & Apps Over The Next Two Years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by niner View Post

If I'm not going to get synchronization with "legacy" apps, then why have I had synchronization for years between kontact and my Android phone? IMAP, CalDAV and CardDAV are a thing. As is ActiveSync which with e.g. https://kopano.com/ is trivial to get.
    If it works for you, consider yourself lucky: https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comment..._davmail_woes/
    The issue as many other people have mentioned in the thread is that the vast majority of people have moved on - those that haven't are at the mercy of people who may or may not address issues or add features in a timely manner. Most of these applications are not well supported, mainly because most people aren't interested in spending the time and energy installing and maintaining calendar and email apps.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
      I still can't launch kwin_wayland with SDDM properly - when I do, it only uses the the top quarter of the screen and I still see the console on the rest of it - the mouse however works on the whole screen
      Sounds like a bug in an older Plasma release... If I remember correctly you can adjust back and forth the scaling factor and then it will work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

Sounds like a bug in an older Plasma release... If I remember correctly you can adjust back and forth the scaling factor and then it will work fine.
        It's still in 5.16 but I've not tried 5.16.5 under wayland yet. The weird thing was it would work if started manually from SDDM, would start quarter filled if auto starting and start perfectly fine under GDM

As always Martin wasn't helpful in tracking the issue down, I've still no idea if the issue lies in SDDM, Kwin, the handoff between the two, or simply a timing issue - maybe SDDM starts kwin_wayland before the hardware is ready

Comment

right now on my Debian 10.1 i am forced to use gnome instead of KDE because KDE on my new 4K monitor with debian 10.1 is a complete disaster.
          Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Working...
          X