Last Minute Shell & Mutter Changes Ready For Testing Ahead Of GNOME 3.34

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Minute Shell & Mutter Changes Ready For Testing Ahead Of GNOME 3.34

Phoronix: Last Minute Shell & Mutter Changes Ready For Testing Ahead Of GNOME 3.34

GNOME Shell and Mutter today saw their v3.33.92 releases as their second and final release candidates ahead of next week's GNOME 3.34 stable release. While usually things are very quiet at this stage, there have been some prominent last minute performance fixes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    various pointer a11y improvements,
    You could have expanded that into "accessibility". There are users who are not aware of specific numeronyms.
    Last edited by tildearrow; 05 September 2019, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to 3.34, the shell theme updates make the shell feel much more polished.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

You c3d have e6d that into "accessibility". T3e are u3s who are not a3e of s5c n8s.
        Possible translation:
        You could have edited that into "accessibility". There are users who are not xxx of yyy zzz

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

Possible translation:
          You could have edited that into "accessibility". There are users who are not xxx of yyy zzz
          I'm pretty sure xxx is "aware" but I'm not sure what s5c and n8s are.

I wrote a quick one-liner to check my /usr/share/dict/words for candidates and n8s might be "neologisms" but I don't see any likely candidates for s5c.

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

Possible translation:
            edited is e4d. expanded. xxx is aware

Comment

Does that mean that we can restart gnome Shell in Wayland session aswell?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

You could have expanded that into "accessibility". There are users who are not aware of specific numeronyms.
                I thought "a11y" is just random noise, he touched the keyboard by accident.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

I thought "a11y" is just random noise, he touched the keyboard by accident.
                  a11y, l10n, i18n are common abbreviations in the software industry.
                  a11y = accessibility
                  l10n = localisation
                  i18n = internationalization

Comment

Originally posted by toxicdragon View Post
                    Does that mean that we can restart gnome Shell in Wayland session aswell?
                    No, this requires deeper changes in the architecture. Basically, Wayland server and Shell would need to get untangled somehow, which is a huge task.

Comment

Working...
                    X