Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• microcode
    replied
    I don't know how effective or useful this is to the GNOME Foundation, but at least this time it's not another weird woke sexist project.

Maybe they'll make something cool though. Hackathon-style stuff like this can sometimes make for interesting outcomes. :- )

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    I don't think coding education is needed, those who want to learn can easily learn by themselves. I don't think coding should be pushed upon everyone, else you have to work with people who work as programmers even though they should have been plumbers, mechanics or or carpenters. These people produce shitty code, and have no understanding of a computer.

I've had co-workers come to me saying code gets erased when they typed, I went over to their computer and pressed the "Insert" button on the keyboard. These people are developers.

Leave a comment:

• paulcarroty
    replied
    I'd guess this challenge funded by IBM 'cause they want to invest and promote GNOME desktop, which demonstrate no major progress/innovation last 3-4 years.

Leave a comment:

• kpedersen
    replied
    The best education a kid could have is to avoid gnome dependencies in their own projects because they deprecate or change too quickly.

Gnome (perhaps even the whole of FreeDesktop.org) is basically a monolithic project at this point, only the build system perhaps masquerades as a modular one to those who have never tried porting something to a non-Linux system XD

Joking and complaining aside; it is good to see a programming education campaign that is involving free software. Even if it does just end up becoming a Python-fest.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X