KDE Ending Out August With Various Fixes & Other Enhancements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
    Unfortunately you have to, if you need per-monitor scaling. Reality is that Xorg development is dead.
    You don't, but Wayland is a lot easier. Anyway I use xorg because I need to work and to solve this with nvidia drivers because I'm lazy but it is doable with xrandr scale and fb.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

I have a feeling 144Hz is a calmed down Griffin/GhostOfFunkS/Mentalist.
      Hmm, I think you're right. Definitely has the same 'mannerisms'. One to keep an eye on for the eventual system killfile.

Comment

Originally posted by RomuloP View Post

You don't, but Wayland is a lot easier. Anyway I use xorg because I need to work and to solve this with nvidia drivers because I'm lazy but it is doable with xrandr scale and fb.
        The xrandr per-monitor scaling thing just doesn't work, so it's not an option. Unfortunately Wayland is mandatory if you need that.
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

The xrandr per-monitor scaling thing just doesn't work, so it's not an option. Unfortunately Wayland is mandatory if you need that.
          Maybe not for you, here it works perfectly, was bored and decided to fix SDDM, it pass through NVIDIA settings and show a ugly resolution jump, just did:

/etc/sddm.conf
          Code:
          [X11]
          DisplayCommand=/usr/share/sddm/scripts/Xsetup
          /usr/share/sddm/scripts/Xsetup
          Code:
          #!/usr/bin/sh
          # Xsetup - run as root before the login dialog appears
          xrandr --output HDMI-0 --scale 1x1 --pos 3840x0 --output HDMI-1 --scale 1.5x1.5 --fb 3840x1620 --pos 0x330

Comment

Originally posted by RomuloP View Post

Maybe not for you, here it works perfectly, was bored and decided to fix SDDM, it pass through NVIDIA settings and show a ugly resolution jump, just did:

/etc/sddm.conf
            Code:
            [X11]
            DisplayCommand=/usr/share/sddm/scripts/Xsetup
            /usr/share/sddm/scripts/Xsetup
            Code:
            #!/usr/bin/sh
            # Xsetup - run as root before the login dialog appears
            xrandr --output HDMI-0 --scale 1x1 --pos 3840x0 --output HDMI-1 --scale 1.5x1.5 --fb 3840x1620 --pos 0x330
            I'm glad that it works for you, but I really think it's driver specific. I tried lots of time with this on Intel Broadwell with no luck, I even opened a bug report but didn't help either.
            ## VGA ##
            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

I'm glad that it works for you, but I really think it's driver specific. I tried lots of time with this on Intel Broadwell with no luck, I even opened a bug report but didn't help either.
              It is a pity... I just wanted to point it is not a complete impossibility, it is a good idea to try. I wish you good look with Wayland maturation.

Comment

Working...
              X