Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 4.0.2 Released With 66 Bug Fixes

Phoronix: Wine 4.0.2 Released With 66 Bug Fixes

Wine 4.0.2 is out today as the second stable point release to this year's Wine 4.0 cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael You were slow. :P

https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...4-0-2-released

Comment

I'm very interested in latest ultimate versions of:
      - Electronics software: Ultiboard & Multisim, Altium Designer, Cadence Allegro & Friends, Solidworks PCB, DipTrace, OrCAD, PCB123, MentorPCB, TINA, Proteus...
      - Latest CAD and 3D software.
      - Latest Microsoft Office.

Can anybody test them on latest Wine, Wine Staging, Codeweavers and such?

Comment

That's an expensive and long list of software. How exactly can you expect (or hope for) someone to have them and test them extensively... I have no clue. Maybe someone in a university has some of those. But considering the price, I wouldn't be surprised if they had online activation mechanisms and maybe an activation count that people wouldn't want to mess with.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
          - Electronics software: Ultiboard & Multisim, Altium Designer, Cadence Allegro & Friends, Solidworks PCB, DipTrace, OrCAD, PCB123, MentorPCB, TINA, Proteus...

OK, $14,000 USD; half down, remainder upon completion.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon

He, he, Ultimate and Latest is hardest to support, as any of these apps or whatever else apps on latest & "greatest" might break anytime
            That's the reason the software is interesting to test: To uncover bugs in newest and more complex software and raise the Windows compatibility bar.

I just found this...

EDA/Measurement section: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManag...e+Applications

CAD/CAE section: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManag...e+Applications

Originally posted by kneekoo View Post
            That's an expensive and long list of software. How exactly can you expect (or hope for) someone to have them and test them extensively... I have no clue. Maybe someone in a university has some of those. But considering the price, I wouldn't be surprised if they had online activation mechanisms and maybe an activation count that people wouldn't want to mess with.
            That's why I ask publicly about it: Maybe some people have access to one of them.

I plan to ask on electronics forums, but most of them just rely on Microsoft operating systems and aren't Linux savvy enough to submit good bug reports.

I consider to be an extremely good thing to make Wine be compatible with the most complex, twisted and extreme forms of DRM.

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

OK, $14,000 USD; half down, remainder upon completion.
            Ask CodeWeavers and IBM, I heard they have plenty of money

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post

Sadly, the current Altium designer does not work under any versions of Wine. Strangely, it did worked in the past.

Tina8 and LTSpice works with wine. (I'm using wine 4.14)
              Instead of the extremely expensive electrical cad software like AD or Mentor, Eagle has a native Linux port, that works fine. It's very good for hobby projects.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepsz View Post

Sadly, the current Altium designer does not work under any versions of Wine. Strangely, it did worked in the past.

Tina8 and LTSpice works with wine. (I'm using wine 4.14)
                Instead of the extremely expensive electrical cad software like AD or Mentor, Eagle has a native Linux port, that works fine. It's very good for hobby projects.
                Dude, STFU. I need money.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Dude, STFU. I need money.
                  Ask from your mother...

Comment

Originally posted by Kepsz View Post

Ask from your mother...
                    She owes ~7K in taxes and bills...the half down I asked for

Comment

Working...
                    X