No announcement yet.

Blender 2.81 To Feature Intel Open Image Denoise & Eevee Renderer Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blender 2.81 To Feature Intel Open Image Denoise & Eevee Renderer Improvements

Phoronix: Blender 2.81 To Feature Intel Open Image Denoise & Eevee Renderer Improvements

Blender 2.80 made its hugely anticipated debut just under one month ago while already Blender 2.81 is looking interesting and will hopefully be out in November...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Directly writing webm/VP9 with transparency is hella cool, I already have several use cases in mind.

This has long been supported in chrome at least.

Comment

It's not on Ubuntu 19.10 the repository yet. I hope it arrives in the repository soon.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
        Directly writing webm/VP9 with transparency is hella cool, I already have several use cases in mind.

This has long been supported in chrome at least.
        +1

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          It's not on Ubuntu 19.10 the repository yet. I hope it arrives in the repository soon.
          One very unique thing about Blender is they actually make competent compressed binary packages. Just extract to i.e /opt/blender-xxxx and you are good to go.

They do 32-bit, 64-bit, Snap and even often do ones for older and newer glibc libraries (224 and 217).

Its quite impressive, not even commercial ventures like Maya, UE4 or Poonity do that and yet they ask for money... so weird.
          Last edited by kpedersen; 21 August 2019, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post

One very unique thing about Blender is they actually make competent compressed binary packages. Just extract to i.e /opt/blender-xxxx and you are good to go.

They do 32-bit, 64-bit, Snap and even often do ones for older and newer glibc libraries (224 and 217).

Its quite impressive, not even commercial ventures like Maya, UE4 or Poonity do that and yet they ask for money... so weird.
            Oh, there it is. Both on Snap and Flatpak.
            Get the latest version of blender for Linux - Blender is the free and open source 3D creation suite.

Comment

Working...
            X