Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Applications 19.08 Released With Dolphin Improvements, Better Konsole Tiling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

My Plasma is sitting at under 150MB right now (uptime .4:23, so it's not freshly started either). How much leaner do you need? Also, faster than what?
    Chicken butt.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
      Please ping me when they drop Plasma and replace it with something faster, leaner, more PC-oriented and not crashy.
      Please ping me when you are finally mature enough to try a non-trollish comment.

(While I have no opinion on stability of current Plasma under KDE5 since being on an old version, as far as being fast and PC-oriented you simply cannot complain, unless you make a serious factuated demonstration about how in your view it misses the mark)

How often do you look at the desktop? I don't look at it ever.

I knew KDE users are obsessed with having flashy feces on the desktop which are difficult to read, impossible to configure, require to minimize all the running apps all the time, meanwhile half of the things I requested are not even available. Oh, and all these plasmoids can literally take up to 50% of a single CPU core to keep running. Amazing ... feces.

Fanboys are impossible to reason with. Luckily I'm 95% content with XFCE.

Good luck, be happy and keep on vindicating the feces which Plasma is.
      Oh... So you just never tried to harness the configuration power of KDE & Plasma is all...
      If you make no effort, don't complain later... XD

----------
      Back on topic: overall impressive progress, between those news and the hardware revolution, my temptation to invest into a whole new *Linux-only* gaming/professional computer is growing faster and faster.

@every and all devs of KDE that may stumble upon the thread: although nothing in perfect in this world, including your DE (and while I also have a few minor gripes with recent evolutions ^^), I love your dedication to making an already good software even better. Thanks for keeping up the good work.

Last edited by Citan; 16 August 2019, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by msotirov
        You should team up with debianxfce . Imagine all the glorious trolling you guys could do together.
        While they both like xfce, imagine what happens if they disagree about wicd over network manager or tickless kernel

Comment

Originally posted by ngraham View Post
          What a productive and enlightening conversation about the KDE Applications 19.08 release.
          Yep, and it was all instigated by that idiot in the first post. And he's getting exactly what he wanted; attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
            It's always fun to see the DE's fan boys in action! Sometimes I'm ashamed of being a GNU / Linux user. I imagine a Windows user reading these nonsense dictated only by hatred and stupidity, thinks that Linux users are very stupid!
            Well, you know, they don't have this treat since they have no choice other than to use whatever crap is baked at Redmond.

Comment

Good luck, be happy and keep on vindicating the feces which Plasma is.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
                It's always fun to see the DE's fan boys in action! Sometimes I'm ashamed of being a GNU / Linux user. I imagine a Windows user reading these nonsense dictated only by hatred and stupidity, thinks that Linux users are very stupid!
                Windows has its fair share of haters and fanboys too.

Comment

How often do you look at the desktop? I don't look at it ever.
                  Plasma widgets can be used in the taskbar, too. That is the whole point. I don't see a single thing in yours that you can't put in the plasma taskbar out-of-the-box.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Windows has its fair share of haters and fanboys too.
                    I just wanted to say that we are not all the same and the beauty of Gnu / Linux is that you can choose the distribution and the DE that you like and these "wars" are only the result of the stupidity of the users. This does not mean that one should not criticize, but one should do it with respect, because behind each project there are people who often work without pay to offer alternatives.

Comment

Working...
                    X