Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Applications 19.08 Released With Dolphin Improvements, Better Konsole Tiling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by birdie View Post
    Please ping me when they drop Plasma and replace it with something faster, leaner, more PC-oriented and not crashy.
    Jesus, that looks like taskbar hell and just what plasmoids were invented for.

Last edited by tildearrow; 15 August 2019, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post

funny thing is - i currently have more or less all his requested plasmoids in the taskbar - without any idea what he is refering to as "unsuitable"

Comment

How often do you look at the desktop? I don't look at it ever.

I knew KDE users are obsessed with having flashy feces on the desktop which are difficult to read, impossible to configure, require to minimize all the running apps all the time, meanwhile half of the things I requested are not even available. Oh, and all these plasmoids can literally take up to 50% of a single CPU core to keep running. Amazing ... feces.

Fanboys are impossible to reason with. Luckily I'm 95% content with XFCE.

Good luck, be happy and keep on vindicating the feces which Plasma is.
        Last edited by birdie; 15 August 2019, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Fanboys are impossible to reason with.
          Same goes even more for senseless haters

Comment

Fanboys are impossible to reason with. Luckily I'm 95% content with XFCE.
            Last edited by Slartifartblast; 15 August 2019, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Luckily I'm 95% content with XFCE.
              Out of pure curiosity, do you maybe run your precious XFCE on Debian..? That would explain a few things...

PS - While you may be objectively right in some of your complaints about issues that currently plague the Linux desktop (or even the platform as whole), your more often than not asinine attitude, as evidenced e.g. in this very thread, always manages to ruin every semblance of credibility you might have otherwise had. A shame really, as I used to kind of like your famous "list of Linux issues" in the past.

Comment

Uhh that is one ugly cluster f... Well if it works to someone I'm fine with that.

I actually like stock kde neons plasma 5 simplicity on task bar. Well of course that kicker program starter goes always the old traditional tree starter, the way I have like it since kde3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocifer View Post

Out of pure curiosity, do you maybe run your precious XFCE on Debian..? That would explain a few things...

PS - While you may be objectively right in some of your complaints about issues that currently plague the Linux desktop (or even the platform as whole), your more often than not asinine attitude, as evidenced e.g. in this very thread, always manages to ruin every semblance of credibility you might have otherwise had. A shame really, as I used to kind of like your famous "list of Linux issues" in the past.
                  By "some" you mean like maybe 5% of that list or less, and were due to a broken clock being correct twice a day because his lists are just shit he made up rather than anyone's actual experience. At the end of the day birdie is lying and trolling for attention and praise.

Does Linux and its desktops have problems? Sure, but his lists and their actual problems are almost always disjoint sets.

Comment

What a productive and enlightening conversation about the KDE Applications 19.08 release.

Comment

It's always fun to see the DE's fan boys in action! Sometimes I'm ashamed of being a GNU / Linux user. I imagine a Windows user reading these nonsense dictated only by hatred and stupidity, thinks that Linux users are very stupid!

Comment

Working...
                      X