Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• franglais125
    replied
    Michael any news on this? Gnome 3.36 is out, but this "X on demand" feature is still experimental. I haven't heard anything about it.

Leave a comment:

• Wally
    replied
    I've been testing Gnome on Wayland recently, using Ubuntu 19.04 as a base, and the mouse performance is just terrible, super laggy all the time. Does anyone else see that issue?

Leave a comment:

• Neuro-Chef
    replied
    Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    uid313 That is very likely to happen on Fedora within a couple of releases. Pay attention to the proposed system wide changes. I guess FESCO would need to discuss it. And they would most likely just wipe x from the default installation and keep it in the repo.
    Muffin still doesn't support Wayland and it looks like the Mint devs don't have the resources to change that, so at least the Cinnamon Spin will further depend on X.

Leave a comment:

• RussianNeuroMancer
    replied
    Originally posted by pracedru View Post
    Great. What about Nvidia and GBM?
    Mr. Jensen Huang asked me to tell you that sane people is supposed to buy hardware that support software they would like to use. Not the other way around.

Leave a comment:

• pracedru
    replied
    Great. What about Nvidia and GBM?

Leave a comment:

• nanonyme
    replied
    I'd consider the fact GDM can after this be started in Wayland without XWayland running a major win for security.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    uid313 Depends. If you don’t need Xwayland it won’t load.
    Yes, I know, that's what the article said. But I want Xwayland to not be installed on the system.

Leave a comment:

• miskol
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Is it now possible to have a system with GNOME without having XWayland and X.Org Server installed?
    I don't know if it is possible to compile mutter and others without x
    But I sow something in code review

Leave a comment:

• microcode
    replied
    Very cool. I'd also like to see, for some reasonable subset of X11, a library that can replace XLib and run entirely in-process, rather than as an actual server.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Is it now possible to have a system with GNOME without having XWayland and X.Org Server installed?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X