Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another GNOME Improvement Being Discussed To Help With Touchpad Scrolling / Tablets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hibbelharry View Post

That makes no real sense to me. The project in on Github, anybody can fork Mir anytime and create Pull Requests. I found no proof of any specifi, restrictive CLA.

I really didn't get your point.
    The point is that unfortunately the DE have become many, the choice of Ubuntu has been to support them almost all, but this has led to a quality of some flavors that is embarrassing! In my opinion, they should only support what they can support in an acceptable way upstream. Unfortunately today the only DE that receives some contributions is Gnome, the others have an embarrassing support.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
      DoMiNeLa10 You assume Canonical is stupid because you disagree. There’s no reason to discuss any further. You can keep talking and Canonical will keep walking.
      Talking isn't the right way to name it, they're drifting at best. Other distros are starting to become more interesting to normies. Mint, Clear Linux, even Arch are starting to be something more than an oddity to your normie.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post

The point is that unfortunately the DE have become many, the choice of Ubuntu has been to support them almost all, but this has led to a quality of some flavors that is embarrassing! In my opinion, they should only support what they can support in an acceptable way upstream. Unfortunately today the only DE that receives some contributions is Gnome, the others have an embarrassing support.
        The other flavors are mostly community efforts, so the quality depends on the correspondig community. Canonical allows the use of the canonical infrastructured like mirrors and so on and parts of the name. What's wrong with that?

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post

Talking isn't the right way to name it, they're drifting at best. Other distros are starting to become more interesting to normies. Mint, Clear Linux, even Arch are starting to be something more than an oddity to your normie.
        I don't see Arch or Clear Linux really taking off when talking about normies. Mint does, but I don't see them doing anything real better.

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10
          Since when are their efforts commercial first?
          The minute the company was founded? If they spent money to pay developers to work on desktops that they don’t even use, I would think that they had gone mad.
          Last edited by cynical; 08-05-2019, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid
            To contribute to Mir, as far as I remember you have to sign a CLA. So Canonical can relicense the code to proprietary at any moment.
            There is no CLA, its licensed as GPL. You’re just making stuff up because you hate Canonical.

Comment

Bye Xwayland
              https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/mutte...e_requests/709

Comment

Hello systemd user units
                https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome...e_requests/507

Comment

Gli altri gusti sono principalmente sforzi della comunità, quindi la qualità dipende dalla comunità corrispondente. Canonico consente l'uso dell'infrastruttura canonica come specchi e così via e parti del nome. Cosa c'è che non va?
                  Mark Shuttleworth. always says in the interviews "we have the best Kde or Mate experience etc." , from here comes my criticism. When a distribution supports a DE it should do it in the best way, unfortunately it hasn't been the case for years. Until a few years ago a Canonical employee worked full time on Kde, today it is no longer the case. It is not enough to put the packages in the repositories to officially support something ... openSUSE officially only supports Kde, Gnome and Xfce and all these DE get attention, with upstream fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
                    Canonical doesn't care about KDE, XFCE etc. they say they support them and they do it very badly, they only care about Gnome.
                    Why should they develop/fix other DE/WM? Do you pay those developers on daily basis, that they should work on what you like? Do you expect, that others would do as you whistle, so you can benefit of it for free?

Some FOSS lives out of good will of developers/companies, and not because consumer people want to have things for free,..

Comment

Charlie68 opensuse doesn’t support multiple desktops. They just build and ship them. Basically a big advertisement for OBS. Suse only supports GNOME.

Comment

Working...
                      X