Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE System Settings Now Shows Basic Hardware/Software Details, Wayland Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE System Settings Now Shows Basic Hardware/Software Details, Wayland Improvements

Phoronix: KDE System Settings Now Shows Basic Hardware/Software Details, Wayland Improvements

There is one month to go until KDE's annual Akademy developer conference in Milan while open-source contributors to this desktop environment remain hard at work over the summer on making various improvements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Awesome. I remember trying to use the keyboard cursor feature but since I was using libinput I couldn't do so.

Comment

What we need is also a easy way to change the computer (host) name in the System Settings.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Awesome. I remember trying to use the keyboard cursor feature but since I was using libinput I couldn't do so.
        I remember using this feature back with Windows 95 and was wondering if any OS supported it afterwards, on Linux (2007+) it never worked for me.

Comment

Nice to see them adding back features that have gone kaput slowly but surely!

Comment

And as far as I know, KDE doesn't have a virtual keyboard, which is a big omission, IMHO.

Comment

I didn't know that this kInfoCenter exists, I was looking for something like that a couple months ago

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
                And as far as I know, KDE doesn't have a virtual keyboard, which is a big omission, IMHO.
                Start KDE/Plasma or a program with the following environment variable

Code:
                QT_IM_MODULE=qtvirtualkeyboard

But, yeah, that shoud ideally be something that can be set under Accessibility Settings or Input Devices

Oh, that needs the program "qt5-virtualkeyboard" installed.
                Last edited by skeevy420; 04 August 2019, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
                  It does, but only the login and lock screens currently. I don't care as nothing (even on GNOME) beats onBoard anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Start KDE/Plasma or a program with the following environment variable

Code:
                    QT_IM_MODULE=qtvirtualkeyboard

But, yeah, that shoud ideally be something that can be set under Accessibility Settings or Input Devices

Oh, that needs the program "qt5-virtualkeyboard" installed.
                    It's probably enabled by default on touchscreen-equipped devices, where it belongs...

Comment

Working...
                    X