Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE System Settings Now Shows Basic Hardware/Software Details, Wayland Improvements

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE System Settings Now Shows Basic Hardware/Software Details, Wayland Improvements

Phoronix: KDE System Settings Now Shows Basic Hardware/Software Details, Wayland Improvements

There is one month to go until KDE's annual Akademy developer conference in Milan while open-source contributors to this desktop environment remain hard at work over the summer on making various improvements...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-August-4-2019

Awesome. I remember trying to use the keyboard cursor feature but since I was using libinput I couldn't do so.

Comment

What we need is also a easy way to change the computer (host) name in the System Settings.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Awesome. I remember trying to use the keyboard cursor feature but since I was using libinput I couldn't do so.
        I remember using this feature back with Windows 95 and was wondering if any OS supported it afterwards, on Linux (2007+) it never worked for me.

Comment

Nice to see them adding back features that have gone kaput slowly but surely!

Comment

And as far as I know, KDE doesn't have a virtual keyboard, which is a big omission, IMHO.

Comment

I didn't know that this kInfoCenter exists, I was looking for something like that a couple months ago

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                And as far as I know, KDE doesn't have a virtual keyboard, which is a big omission, IMHO.
                Start KDE/Plasma or a program with the following environment variable

Code:
                QT_IM_MODULE=qtvirtualkeyboard

But, yeah, that shoud ideally be something that can be set under Accessibility Settings or Input Devices

Oh, that needs the program "qt5-virtualkeyboard" installed.
                Last edited by skeevy420; 08-04-2019, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                  It does, but only the login and lock screens currently. I don't care as nothing (even on GNOME) beats onBoard anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Start KDE/Plasma or a program with the following environment variable

Code:
                    QT_IM_MODULE=qtvirtualkeyboard

But, yeah, that shoud ideally be something that can be set under Accessibility Settings or Input Devices

Oh, that needs the program "qt5-virtualkeyboard" installed.
                    It's probably enabled by default on touchscreen-equipped devices, where it belongs...

Comment

Working...
                    X