Firefox 68 vs. Chrome 76 Linux Web Browser Performance Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juno View Post

Experience differs though, e.g. many webkit-based browsers are locked at 60 FPS, regardless the actual display refresh rate, which makes them unusable on high refresh rate screens. Chromium and Firefox are not.
    I'm pretty sure that Chrome had a pretty big change when they bumped the cap for WebVR up to 90 FPS. I'm pretty sure it's stuck to 60 FPS by default, and there's no way to disable it.

Comment

Originally posted by Termy View Post
      These synthetic benchmarks really don't reflect what i'm experiencing with 200 Tabs open ^^
      I don't know if it's easily possible, but it would be interessting if those benchmarks could be done with a lot of open tabs - chrome really suffers beyond 50 tabs in my experience.
      Only 200? Loser. Try 2 million and you might impress someone.

Comment

I really don't get that kind of difference in feel when I use FF vs Chrome.
        And yes, Jira is one thing that just sucks really bad on Chrome.

Comment

I use both FF and Chrome / mium and I must say that on my notebook the difference in performance is obvious. Chrome is even faster and please let me decide for my privacy !!! Even people here talk without knowing .... Google collects data if you use them as a search engine and does it with FF, but in Chrome or even better in Chromium you can decide whether to use the Google search engine or anything and no data will come transferred to Google if you don't use Google!

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            Adblock is piracy as far as I'm concerned. I'm fine with a minor and easily ignored inconvenience if that means I get to support people who create content I care about. If I'm overrun with obnoxious ads, that to me suggests the site cares more about money than the user experience, so, I steer clear of them.
            Really ? Obligatory Clockwork Orange reference to the Google mantra of "You Will See Ads"

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
              I use both FF and Chrome / mium and I must say that on my notebook the difference in performance is obvious. Chrome is even faster and please let me decide for my privacy !!! Even people here talk without knowing .... Google collects data if you use them as a search engine and does it with FF, but in Chrome or even better in Chromium you can decide whether to use the Google search engine or anything and no data will come transferred to Google if you don't use Google!

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                Adblock is piracy as far as I'm concerned.
                ..."hurr durr, adblock is piracy, hurr durr, stopping online tracking is felony theft, hurr durr"...

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
                  FYI that's not true. You can make it send less data, you cannot make it send no data without modifying code/packaging. Same is true for Firefox, yes. Don't let a checkbox fool you.

Comment

For what it's worth on Linux w/ xorg I find Firefox WAY faster in daily use. Usually js heavy pages are faster on Chrome - but most pages aren't js heavy at all.
                    I never have more than 10 ish tabs open and I always use both Firefox and Chrom(mium) without extension other than ublock. Chromium feels SO sluggish, and its been like that for about a year. I'm forcing myself to use it these days.

On other platforms the difference isn't nearly as noticeable.

Comment

a wasted Benchmark test IMO, it is obvioud that Firefox is a slow creature an always will be

Comment

Working...
                      X