Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox 68 vs. Chrome 76 Linux Web Browser Performance Benchmarks

Phoronix: Firefox 68 vs. Chrome 76 Linux Web Browser Performance Benchmarks

With this week's release of the Chrome 76 web browser, here are some fresh benchmarks of that latest Google web browser release compared to Firefox 68 on Ubuntu Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

These synthetic benchmarks really don't reflect what i'm experiencing with 200 Tabs open ^^
    I don't know if it's easily possible, but it would be interessting if those benchmarks could be done with a lot of open tabs - chrome really suffers beyond 50 tabs in my experience.

Comment

Possible at some day run benchmark for more Linux browser? Open and proprietary like Opera, Vivaldi, Yandex, Brave, Epiphany, Midori, Falkon, Otter-browser and etc?

Comment

Doesn't matter how fast it is. Chrome only exists to ensure Google gets access to all your personal data. So it isn't a fair comparison. Firefox is an actual web browser. Chrome is malware disguised as a web browser.

Comment

Originally posted by Termy View Post
          These synthetic benchmarks really don't reflect what i'm experiencing with 200 Tabs open ^^
          I don't know if it's easily possible, but it would be interessting if those benchmarks could be done with a lot of open tabs - chrome really suffers beyond 50 tabs in my experience.
          Man you probably should not have that many tabs open, that's ridiculus!

Imo unfortunately the performance difference is pretty noticable in day to day usage, which forces me to stick to chrome kinda :/

EDIT:
          Btw one thing I have noticed is that chrome just *feels* much faster while scrolling for example. This is becasue firefox scrolling alorithm is designed to have more "drag" and be less responive than the chrome counterpart. At least that's what my testing has suggested.
          Last edited by Nuc!eoN; 02 August 2019, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Nothing new, Firefox is still slow af. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
              Imo unfortunately the performance difference is pretty noticable in day to day usage, which forces me to stick to chrome kinda :/
              Could you please give us a link to some web site where we really can experience such performance difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Termy View Post
                Chrome is no well optimized about CPU and Memory mainly when used with more than 10 tabs in 2GB/4GB RAM Laptop causing bottleneck this On Windows

Comment

They're contentrating right now on getting webrender stable on a variety of gpus rather than performance work. That'll come in later on.

Comment

Color me surprised.

Comment

Working...
                    X