Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
    This is not true !
    What do you mean? Do you trust some random person from the internet to build the browser you use for banking? I'm not saying it's malicious 100% of the time, but it can happen because there is no trust chain.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post

Firefox is pre-installed on all Linux systems, do you think Linux users don't know Firefox? but I don't understand why every time we talk about Chrome, someone has to recommend Firefox, I use both and live quietly.
      I use both too.
      But unfortunately Chrome have such a strong foothold on the web, almost everyone is using it. It has market dominance, which is not healthy for the web.

I also use both Chrome and Firefox, but I mostly use and prefer Firefox.

Maybe some people the first thing they do is install Chrome and haven't given Firefox a chance, I think they should give Firefox a chance.
      Or people who used Firefox before but then moved on to Chrome, I think they should give Firefox another chance, it has improved lots in many ways.

Comment

Flash is faster in video decoding then HTML5 based solutions.

Comment

Originally posted by numacross View Post
          What do you mean? Do you trust some random person from the internet to build the browser you use for banking? I'm not saying it's malicious 100% of the time, but it can happen because there is no trust chain.
          Whose browser do you trust for banking? You need to put trust somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            To all Chrome users out there, may I suggest you try Firefox?
            It is great!
            To all Chrome users out there, may I suggest you try Ungoogled Chromium and/or Iridium?
            Both are Chrome-like, without the Google stuff.

Firefox sometimes feels stiff to me for some reason.
            Especially when moving tabs. When I do so it feels like if I were moving a text document, and doesn't move immediately but requires me to move it a little before it moves.
            Also, in Firefox Mobile you cannot get it to trust your own certificate authorities, which renders it useless for me. Chromium uses the Android certificate manager, while Firefox uses its own list.
            Another thing that makes Firefox feel stiff is that sometimes in mobile I try to close tabs in the right side of the screen by swiping, but they keep coming back like a rubberband. How is this "great! "?!

Edit: I do not accept losing to the anti-flexibility, anti-compatibility anti-KDE team!!!!!
            Last edited by tildearrow; 01 August 2019, 08:47 PM. Reason: Typo Fix

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

To all Chrome users out there, may I suggest you try Ungoogled Chromium and/or Iridium?
              Both are Chrome-like, without the Google stuff.

Firefox sometimes feels stiff to me for some reason.
              Guys I don't want to sound grumpy, I use Firefox; Chromium, Vivaldi and Chrome and if I use Chrome it's not because I enjoy myself, but because when I work on the PC I need Chrome, for many reasons the first of which is the translator. Don't come now to recommend me extensions of FF I tried them all, even those not present in their store, they are not as fast as Chrome and when you work time is money.
              Edit. Chromium and derivatives with some sites have problems, which Chrome does not have.

Comment

Does this completely cut off existing flash games?

Everybody focuses on ads, but let's not forget flash isnt only limited to that use case.

Comment

To all Chrome users out there, may I suggest you try Firefox?
                  It is great!
                  To all Firefox users out there, may I suggest Vivaldi?
                  It is great!

Seriously dude, this is not a marketing topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Rallos Zek View Post
                    Flash is faster in video decoding then HTML5 based solutions.
                    When you're saying Flash with capital F and HTML5, you're talking about the formats, but I know you mean the implementations: That Adobe's flash player (presumably) has a faster video decoder thAn browsers.

Sorry for being pedantic, but that's the difference between an inherent problem and a fixable problem. For example, numacross mentioned that Edge is pretty good.

Comment

I use both too.
                      But unfortunately Chrome have such a strong foothold on the web, almost everyone is using it. It has market dominance, which is not healthy for the web.

I also use both Chrome and Firefox, but I mostly use and prefer Firefox.

Maybe some people the first thing they do is install Chrome and haven't given Firefox a chance, I think they should give Firefox a chance.
                      Or people who used Firefox before but then moved on to Chrome, I think they should give Firefox another chance, it has improved lots in many ways.
                      Again: this is not a marketing topic. And yes, I *will* switch to Firefox once it has all of Vivaldi's niceties. Bu that will never happen, so I'll stick to Vivaldi. But again, my main point is: stop the marketing campaign.

Comment

Working...
                      X