Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latte Dock 0.9 Brings Better Settings, Layout Enhancements

Phoronix: Latte Dock 0.9 Brings Better Settings, Layout Enhancements

After being in development the past year and in beta the past few weeks, Latte Dock 0.9 is now officially out as this KDE-aligned desktop dock...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo? And typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Latte Dock 0.9 brings new indicators, settings improvements, improved badgets. better Wayland support
    The dot is a typo, but not sure whether badgets is.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Typo? And typo:
      The dot is a typo, but not sure whether badgets is.
      Im going to guess it might mean the numerical indicator badge on the application.

Comment

Wow that is excellent. It’s a shame that wayland is still a mess on KDE. (at least on my system)

Comment

tildearrow It should be badges. I was curious so I had to read their release notes to see.

On topic, I though that looked really good. Especially the window painting setting; that was very pretty and seemed to handle the text well.

Comment

Looks fantastic! I use it on my main system and it works good on Wayland, I only had crashes from time to time, but it is easy to restart. What I do like a lot about latte-dock is that it works independent from plasmashell. This made my experience on Wayland much better.

Comment

Seems to be improving, but it's still as unpolished as KDE itself.

Beside this, nice release, keep the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Felipe View Post
                Seems to be improving, but it's still as unpolished as KDE itself.
                If you need more polish, try KSmoothDock.
                Last edited by Vistaus; 29 July 2019, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by msotirov
                  If a third-party project ever needed to be merged in KDE core, that's Latte dock!
                  If anything deserves to get merged, it's KSmoothDock? It has been around since 2003 and still gets regularly updated (currently it requires Plasma 5.12, just like Latte, so just as compatible). Due to its age, it's way more polished and mature than Latte. ALSO, by keeping it updated for so many years, the dev has proven himself worthy and extremely reliable.
                  Last edited by Vistaus; 30 July 2019, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

If you need more polish, try KSmoothDock.
                    Does it support Wayland?

Comment

Working...
                    X