Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 5.17 Making It Simple To Display A Network's QR Code For Easy Sharing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.17 Making It Simple To Display A Network's QR Code For Easy Sharing

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.17 Making It Simple To Display A Network's QR Code For Easy Sharing

With the KDE Plasma 5.17 release, the desktop will make it easy to see a network's QR code for in turn making it super quick and simple for sharing network information with other users and devices...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It would be very nice if they could add an option for users to export all the configuration options (the whole control panel) with their values to a file (in JSON format or another) and then when you reinstall the OS or switch to another distribution that uses KDE Plasma to reimport the configuration file and have all your configuration options and values you set there without the need to do them manually all over again.

Comment

While not as elegant as a single file you can just copy your .config and .kde directories over to get all your settings back

Comment

I hope they also added the no notification history button, i don't want to keep dismissing all these useless system notifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
          It would be very nice if they could add an option for users to export all the configuration options (the whole control panel) with their values to a file (in JSON format or another) and then when you reinstall the OS or switch to another distribution that uses KDE Plasma to reimport the configuration file and have all your configuration options and values you set there without the need to do them manually all over again.
          it's already located in config files in the home directory, just enable the "show hidden files" and then look for .config and .kde directories.

This also works for most other applications.

Comment

Originally posted by Henk717 View Post
            I hope they also added the no notification history button, i don't want to keep dismissing all these useless system notifications.
            I hop they will add a way to make the notification history interactive, i.e. clicking on "Software Updates Available" in the history will open up the software center.

Comment

I wonder who is kwin main dev now. Since Martin left, things are getting pretty quiet in that front. And I don`t know how the new devs are ignoring things like kwin low latency patch.....

Comment

Originally posted by lolren View Post
                I wonder who is kwin main dev now. Since Martin left, things are getting pretty quiet in that front. And I don`t know how the new devs are ignoring things like kwin low latency patch.....
                Don't worry, KWin is quite actively developed; just look at the git history: https://cgit.kde.org/kwin.git/log/

As for the lowlatency fork and the GTK frameExtents patch, I plan on discussing them with KWin's developers soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ngraham View Post

As for the lowlatency fork and the GTK frameExtents patch, I plan on discussing them with KWin's developers soon.
                  Thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                    I just keep /home on a separate partition and reuse that when I upgrade or change distros. You should try it, it's amazing how well it preserves your settings. And it's all mainly about ~/.config folder.

Comment

Working...
                    X