GNOME Shell + Mutter 3.33.4 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

Then you're using GNOME wrong. GNOME isn't Unity and isn't a Windows or macOS clone.

If you hold over power off, it becomes suspend.
    It's more like an Android clone. While Android user interface guidelines are total mess Gnome does it even worse sometimes. I used to like Android in the past, but they totally messed it up. The same happened with Gnome. It's not surprising even Gnome devs aren't using Gnome.
    Last edited by Wojcian; 22 July 2019, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
      Has anyone tried the recent beta with Wayland? Is the mouse cursor free of stutter now?

Btw: I use Plasma on a slow Gemini Lake SoC, works like a charm with Compton as compositor and with ~360MB of RAM consumption after logging in (including GvFS & Dropbox). Don't make yourself a fool by claiming Plasma would not be usable on slow systems...
      Plasma is perfectly fine usable on slow systems while Gnome, mac os and Windows are far from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hibbelharry View Post

I don't think thats made by the KDE team. Any proof?
        Sorry, I was wrong: it's made by Ubuntu team: https://extensions.gnome.org/extensi...cator-support/

Comment

I don't really use extensions, not sure why people think it's useless without them, I guess it goes on 'per case basis'. The only extension I use at this point is 'Hide Dash X', and it's because my system is cofigured that way from the times when Gnome Shell would cause stutter in opening/closing animation when dash draws some elements at random, killing dash completely was only solution for it (not even dash to dock would help it, because it uses same code = same way of drawing). That reminds me, I should probably check if the issue is fixed by now, last time I've checked was at 3.2x version maybe even earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

Then you're using GNOME wrong. GNOME isn't Unity and isn't a Windows or macOS clone.

If you hold over power off, it becomes suspend.
            Well, there's no right and wrong use. There's just whatever workflow suits you best.
            And this is what I need to feel comfortable as a user.

Unity was nowhere near a Windows or MacOS clone.

Comment

Ok Mez,

you didn't get that pressing the menu power button a little longer or pressing ALT changes the button. That's well hidden, i agree.
              Indeed, I've been using Gnome for 2 years, and read quite a lot about it, and yet I wasn't aware of that. Is it there since the very beginning of Gnome 3?

Where I really disagree:

I played around with that in compiz times, i was a fun effect, but I never looked back when it was gone. I don't want my brain to focus on any wobbling, and I don't think thats more natural. Ever moved something like a pen across your desk? Does it wobble? Windows ain't no water. And if it's more natural: why didn't any graphical environment (Windows, OSX, KDE, Gnome, Android, IOS, XFCE...) that up? I think you're rather alone with your point of view.
              Actually it does:

Comment

Working...
              X