X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• q2dg
    replied
    Originally posted by flower View Post

Only if you don't need apps which rely on a tray. I need nextcloud client and KeePassxc. So it is unusable for me
    Ironically, the "Kstatusnotifieritem/appindicator support" extension, from KDE team, works well in this case

Leave a comment:

• flower
    replied
    Originally posted by Britoid View Post

GNOME is pretty usable without extensions.
    Only if you don't need apps which rely on a tray. I need nextcloud client and KeePassxc. So it is unusable for me

Leave a comment:

• moilami
    replied
    Originally posted by jacob View Post

Gnome has many great ideas and some wrong ones but the same is true for every other desktop in existence, Windows and MacOS included. Gnome has some long standing implementation issues, especially the Gnome Shell's single threaded model and the recurrent debate about extensions. KDE has its own share of problems. In the race of Linux desktops KDE is the distant second (or is it even the second?) and there are objective reasons for that, it's not the result of some dark Gnome/Canonical/Red Hat conspiracy.
    What problems KDE have? I don't know any, so you should name them.

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied
    Originally posted by jacob View Post

IMO this is a problem because GNOME relies way too much on extensions, so that when extensions break the whole desktop becomes dramatically less usable. Things like the dock, applications/places menus, desktop icons etc. should all be part of the core functionality and be rock solid. Then if extensions were only needed for stuff like checking for twitter posts, f/x rates or the weather, the breakages wouldn't matter nearly as much.
    GNOME is pretty usable without extensions.

Leave a comment:

• RussianNeuroMancer
    replied
    Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
    IMHO: KDE is dog ass slow and bloated.
    Somehow still works fast even on ROCKPro 64 (i.e. not on x86) even with software rendering via framebuffer (effects set to xrender).

Leave a comment:

• boxie
    replied
    Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
    I would agree, KDE is horrible - Plasma on the other hand is fast and snappy :P

Leave a comment:

• Marc Driftmeyer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jacob
    replied
    Originally posted by Mateus Felipe View Post

Well, there's a desktop that claims to be the shittiest:
    GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Oh! Who would guess? It's a Plasma's "mirror".
    Leet we forget the Suckless project. Probably so called because it sucks, and does less.

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Felipe
    replied
    Originally posted by abott View Post
    Gnome is the biggest shit stain for open source. How can something be made by so many people sharing the same wrong, shitty ideas? At least KDE is a real, functional desktop that performs well. It has nearly all gnome's features...as options. It's the best.
    Well, there's a desktop that claims to be the shittiest:
    GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Oh! Who would guess? It's a Plasma's "mirror".

Leave a comment:

• StarterX4
    replied
    "An option for disabling the shell's hot-corner behavior."
    This should have been already done in 2011, not now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X