X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tuxd3v
    replied
    Originally posted by QwertyChouskie View Post
    I also would love this to be fixed. The best color scheme of any text editor I've used is probably Xubuntu Dark. What nice is that this color scheme can also be used in Gnome Builder.
    (Though with newer versions of Gnome Builder, you have to copy
    Code:
    /usr/share/gtksourceview-3.0/styles/xubuntu-dark.xml
    to
    Code:
    /usr/share/gtksourceview-4/styles/
    )
    I have been using iLynx theme, based in the Cobalt Theme, by Will Farrington( but adapted for better readability.. )

The problem, is, each time you save a text script file, it looses the Color Theme, which is very, very annoying..there are a bug open for some 10 years or even more, about that...I use mousepad, and its a nightmare, because you need to select again the theme, each time you save the code you are doing..
    Crazy..

Leave a comment:

• QwertyChouskie
    replied
    I'm both excited and nervous for Xubuntu 19.10, on one hand, XFCE 4.14! On the other hand, limited 32-bit support...

Leave a comment:

• QwertyChouskie
    replied
    Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
    I would like to know if they solved the problem, that is now more than 10 years.. with GtkSourceView, not recognizing TEXT files types by its 'MAGIC NUMBER'( '#!' ..Shebang in Mousepad.. )
    Its really annoying..
    They say the problem is within GtkSourceView, I believe.
    But when they open a file in Mousepad, they can circumvent that miss-behaviour of GtkSourceView, by detect file type, and the open it like if the file had a extension, then GtkSourceView would apply the correct Color Scheme to that Language..

Even the Linux Kernel recognizes text script based files, starting with its "MAGIC NUMBER" ( '#!' )
    I also would love this to be fixed. The best color scheme of any text editor I've used is probably Xubuntu Dark. What nice is that this color scheme can also be used in Gnome Builder. (Though with newer versions of Gnome Builder, you have to copy
    Code:
    /usr/share/gtksourceview-3.0/styles/xubuntu-dark.xml
    to
    Code:
    /usr/share/gtksourceview-4/styles/
    )

Leave a comment:

• tuxd3v
    replied
    I would like to know if they solved the problem, that is now more than 10 years.. with GtkSourceView, not recognising TEXT files types by its 'MAGIC NUMBER'( '#!' ..Shebang in MousePad.. )
    Its really annoying..
    They say the problem is within GtkSourceView, I believe.
    But when they open a file in mousepad, they can circumvent that miss-behaviour of GtkSourceView, by detect file type, and the open it like if the file had a extension, then GtkSourceView would apply the correct Color Scheme to that Language..

Even the Linux Kernel recognises text script based files, starting with its "MAGIC NUMBER" ( '#!' )

Leave a comment:

• Scellow
    replied
    What about modernizing multi-decade old and dying desktop ?

I'd like to see global menu ON by default

I'd like to see a dock

I'd like to see better support for window snapping

I'd like to see a fully graphically-accelerated desktop

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Mateus Felipe View Post

With "be patient" you mean "wait more 10 years".
    I bet this is because of IBM's conspiracies to make sure GNU/Linux will never take off on the desktop.

I'm trying to fill the debianxfce-shaped hole in this forum.

Leave a comment:

• baka0815
    replied
    Originally posted by clavko View Post
    It's either wait, contribute or leave. No other options available, as with most things in life.
    Well, you could also whine.

Leave a comment:

• clavko
    replied
    It's either wait, contribute or leave. No other options available, as with most things in life.

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Felipe
    replied
    Originally posted by JPFSanders View Post
    Wayland is not 100% usable for most users yet, it is slowly getting there but not priority, moving XFCE to GTK3+ is the first milestone to add Wayland support.

This is an area in which we need to be patient.
    With "be patient" you mean "wait more 10 years".

Leave a comment:

• JPFSanders
    replied
    Wayland is not 100% usable for most users yet, it is slowly getting there but not priority, moving XFCE to GTK3+ is the first milestone to add Wayland support.

This is an area in which we need to be patient.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X