Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 4.11 Released With Its 800+ Patches On Top Of Wine

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 4.11 Released With Its 800+ Patches On Top Of Wine

Just hours after releasing Wine 4.11, the team maintaining the experimental/testing version of Wine -- Wine-Staging -- issued their release with more than 800 patches re-based on top...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-4.11-Released

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
    Perhaps it is this bug?
    https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=110659
    I could definitely need some support for that ticket. Basically, most modern games in Wine show mouse jitter with amdgpu.dc=1 + xf86-video-amdgpu + fullscreen vsync (even though linux >= 5.0 is used with fast cursor path for atomic modesetting with AMD). This is my most hated issue currently.
    I replied too soon. It was exactly that bug only my controller wasn't really triggering it like using a mouse does. I managed to trigger it with RADV, AMDVLK, and AMDVLK-Pro...my controller was dead and I was trying some stuff before posting back to bridgman...and the KWin state (vsync/compositing) didn't matter. Simply turning vsync on and off in Hitman 2 was enough to either trigger or fix it.

Using amdgpu.dc=0 didn't work for me because it makes the desktop really laggy and games weren't any better. Possible that that's a 580 specific thing since, IIRC, you have a 380 or 390.

Kernel 5.2 seems to have fixed all the Hitman 2 issues I've noticed.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Perhaps it is this bug?
    I could definitely need some support for that ticket. Basically, most modern games in Wine show mouse jitter with amdgpu.dc=1 + xf86-video-amdgpu + fullscreen vsync (even though linux >= 5.0 is used with fast cursor path for atomic modesetting with AMD). This is my most hated issue currently.
    I don't think so since it occurs with both Kwin versions and only when I look with my PS4's right analog stick; bluetooth and wired. It's like the stick gets stuck in place and jiggling it around fixes it (most noticeably when looking left). Started happening during the wine-staging 4.9 releases; I think it was 4.9r11.

I'll give it a shot with both dc=1 and dc=0 just to see one way or the other and I'll probably have an answer tomorrow. Downloading its updates and have to build my usual weekly stuff like the kernel & proton first.

That left look PS4 controller thing effects both Wolfenstein The New Order & The Old Blood as well, though nowhere near as bad and I've only used it with Proton I built the last time we were posting in this thread and with the official Steam Proton where it doesn't happen...or didn't happen a few months ago to be more specific.

Been away from the internet for a week or I'd have replied sooner.

Leave a comment:

• Espionage724
    replied
    4.11 is a Lutris runner; don't know anything about it though

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    Currently, neither do mine. Pretty much Skyrim, The Witness, and Hitman 2 and they're working just fine (outside of that odd controller look bug that I hope the raw input patch fixes)
    Perhaps it is this bug?

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    No objections from my side, though my testcases don't comprise dozens of programs/titles.
    Currently, neither do mine. Pretty much Skyrim, The Witness, and Hitman 2 and they're working just fine (outside of that odd controller look bug that I hope the raw input patch fixes)

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    So you're saying that I should compile this....not like I don't have 7 Protons and 4 Wine builds anyways....
    No objections from my side, though my testcases don't comprise dozens of programs/titles.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Finally a -staging release which seems to run great in general, with esync etc.
    So you're saying that I should compile this....not like I don't have 7 Protons and 4 Wine builds anyways....

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    Finally a -staging release which seems to run great in general, with esync etc.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Damn. I gotta house-sit for a week with no internet in a few hours and my current Wine is working fine for me else I'd do my usual Hitman 2 posts. Staging 4.10r5 works good with Hitman 2, couldn't get FFVII PC to install

I'm gonna have to tether to 4G to do the next elusive target...perfect use of a 2GB allotment....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X