Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 4.11 Released With Its 800+ Patches On Top Of Wine

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 4.11 Released With Its 800+ Patches On Top Of Wine

Just hours after releasing Wine 4.11, the team maintaining the experimental/testing version of Wine -- Wine-Staging -- issued their release with more than 800 patches re-based on top...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Damn. I gotta house-sit for a week with no internet in a few hours and my current Wine is working fine for me else I'd do my usual Hitman 2 posts. Staging 4.10r5 works good with Hitman 2, couldn't get FFVII PC to install

I'm gonna have to tether to 4G to do the next elusive target...perfect use of a 2GB allotment....

Comment

Finally a -staging release which seems to run great in general, with esync etc.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
        Finally a -staging release which seems to run great in general, with esync etc.
        So you're saying that I should compile this....not like I don't have 7 Protons and 4 Wine builds anyways....

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
          So you're saying that I should compile this....not like I don't have 7 Protons and 4 Wine builds anyways....
          No objections from my side, though my testcases don't comprise dozens of programs/titles.

Comment

No objections from my side, though my testcases don't comprise dozens of programs/titles.
            Currently, neither do mine. Pretty much Skyrim, The Witness, and Hitman 2 and they're working just fine (outside of that odd controller look bug that I hope the raw input patch fixes)

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
              Currently, neither do mine. Pretty much Skyrim, The Witness, and Hitman 2 and they're working just fine (outside of that odd controller look bug that I hope the raw input patch fixes)
              Perhaps it is this bug?

I could definitely need some support for that ticket. Basically, most modern games in Wine show mouse jitter with amdgpu.dc=1 + xf86-video-amdgpu + fullscreen vsync (even though linux >= 5.0 is used with fast cursor path for atomic modesetting with AMD). This is my most hated issue currently.

Comment

4.11 is a Lutris runner; don't know anything about it though

Comment

Perhaps it is this bug?

I could definitely need some support for that ticket. Basically, most modern games in Wine show mouse jitter with amdgpu.dc=1 + xf86-video-amdgpu + fullscreen vsync (even though linux >= 5.0 is used with fast cursor path for atomic modesetting with AMD). This is my most hated issue currently.
                  I don't think so since it occurs with both Kwin versions and only when I look with my PS4's right analog stick; bluetooth and wired. It's like the stick gets stuck in place and jiggling it around fixes it (most noticeably when looking left). Started happening during the wine-staging 4.9 releases; I think it was 4.9r11.

I'll give it a shot with both dc=1 and dc=0 just to see one way or the other and I'll probably have an answer tomorrow. Downloading its updates and have to build my usual weekly stuff like the kernel & proton first.

That left look PS4 controller thing effects both Wolfenstein The New Order & The Old Blood as well, though nowhere near as bad and I've only used it with Proton I built the last time we were posting in this thread and with the official Steam Proton where it doesn't happen...or didn't happen a few months ago to be more specific.

Been away from the internet for a week or I'd have replied sooner.

Comment

Perhaps it is this bug?

I replied too soon. It was exactly that bug only my controller wasn't really triggering it like using a mouse does. I managed to trigger it with RADV, AMDVLK, and AMDVLK-Pro...my controller was dead and I was trying some stuff before posting back to bridgman...and the KWin state (vsync/compositing) didn't matter. Simply turning vsync on and off in Hitman 2 was enough to either trigger or fix it.

Using amdgpu.dc=0 didn't work for me because it makes the desktop really laggy and games weren't any better. Possible that that's a 580 specific thing since, IIRC, you have a 380 or 390.

Kernel 5.2 seems to have fixed all the Hitman 2 issues I've noticed.

Comment

Working...
                    X