Wine 4.11 Brings Ability To Enumerate Display Devices, Updated Mono

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 4.11 Brings Ability To Enumerate Display Devices, Updated Mono

Phoronix: Wine 4.11 Brings Ability To Enumerate Display Devices, Updated Mono

Wine 4.11 is out tonight as the latest bi-weekly development release for running Windows games/applications on Linux and other platforms...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-4.11-Released

This wine version comes with remi bernon virtual memory work

And D9VK still work, this is some example:

Dead Rising 2 (in this title d9vk give around 120fps compared with around 50fps by wined3d)

Last test with Pentium G3258 @ 4.1ghz + Artic Cooling Alpine 11 Plus

With Core i3 8350K Tri-Core @ 5.0ghz + Zalman CNPS 10x Performa+

D9VK With Core i3 8350K Tri-Core @ 5.0ghz + Zalman CNPS 10x Performa+

Comment

Originally posted by pinguinpc View Post
      This wine version comes with remi bernon virtual memory work
      Looks like I got some testing to do this weekend, thanks for pointing that out

Comment

Wine is truly a great piece of software engineering. I truly hope for all the best for the engineers behind this effort.

Comment

Can't wait for the day when the VFS layer of apps like Mod Organiser 2 can work, just incredibly handy tools. (note this is the windows10 64bit virtual file-system type support, 32bit version is already working in wine)

Comment

Hmm, this X stuff is getting late to the party. How would that work under Wayland?

Though it's already much welcome -- the other day, Unreal Tournament via Proton only detected my small monitor :/ (and I guess Xwayland could have forwarded both screens'modes).
            Last edited by [email protected]; 06-22-2019, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
              Hmm, this X stuff is getting late to the party. How would that work under Wayland?

Though it's already much welcome -- the other day, Unreal Tournament via Proton only detected my small monitor :/ (and I guess Xwayland could have forwarded both screens'modes).
              No need to use windows screen detection under Proton. It's just a borderless window, just use your window manager of your confidence to move it wherever you want. I'm really comfortable with this behavior.

Comment

Since its been mentioned in a few articles now, what are PE files?

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
                  Since its been mentioned in a few articles now, what are PE files?
                  Windows binaries or UEFI. Like, .exe and .dll files, instead of .so files (which are ELF).

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
                    Windows binaries or UEFI. Like, .exe and .dll files, instead of .so files (which are ELF).
                    Thanks When I added windows to my "PE files" google search I got back relevant results:

A Portable Executable (PE) file is the standard binary file format for an Executable or DLL under Windows NT, Windows 95, and Win32. The Win32 SDK contains a file, winnt.h, which declares various structs and variables used in the PE files.

Comment

Working...
                    X