Clear All

• moilami
    replied
    I pee over windows store.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    GIMP in the Windows Store would be really good, because it would be very easy for users to install and update it.
    No fucking one uses the Windows store

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by prokoudine View Post

GTK3 support is already work in the progress (and generally works in the master branch).

We don't want GIMP in Windows Store.

There is already a snap package.

We already make flatpaks.
    GIMP in the Windows Store would be really good, because it would be very easy for users to install and update it.
    Maybe new users discover it in the Windows Store and GIMP gets more users.
    Also it can be sold in the Windows Store to get funds for the GIMP project for further development. Great with new revenue streams.

Leave a comment:

• prokoudine
    replied
    Oh, and we didn't submit the GSoC application, because we can't take students at this time.

Leave a comment:

• prokoudine
    replied
    I wish GIMP had more developers.
    I would hope like Google Summer of Code would sponsor GIMP development so maybe there can be things like GTK3 support, packaged for the Windows Store, and Snap and Flatpak packages.
    GTK3 support is already work in the progress (and generally works in the master branch).

We don't want GIMP in Windows Store.

There is already a snap package.

We already make flatpaks.

Leave a comment:

• andrebrait
    replied
    I would hope like Google Summer of Code would sponsor GIMP development so maybe there can be things like GTK3 support, packaged for the Windows Store, and Snap and Flatpak packages.
    Canonical has it as a Snap, IIRC

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic GIMP 2.10.12 Released With Some Useful Improvements

GIMP 2.10.12 Released With Some Useful Improvements

Phoronix: GIMP 2.10.12 Released With Some Useful Improvements

While looking forward to the long-awaited GIMP 3.0 milestone, in the meantime GIMP 2.10 point releases have tended to be fairly notable and today's GIMP 2.10.12 update is another useful update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X