No announcement yet.

GIMP 2.10.12 Released With Some Useful Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol did I not get the memo that we're supposed to talk shit to uid313 today?
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    I wish GIMP had more developers.
    I would hope like Google Summer of Code would sponsor GIMP development so maybe there can be things like GTK3 support, packaged for the Windows Store, and Snap and Flatpak packages.
    I for one agree that GIMP needs more devs, and think GSOC sponsoring GIMP is a great idea.
    Though admittedly, I am a little confused about the Flatpak thing, since that's pretty much the first thing you see at gimp.org/downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post

Who gives a shit, this is a Linux forum.
      Many people who use Linux also use Windows.
      Also hate Windows as much as you want, but GIMP is already available for Windows, so if it could be available in the Windows Store and that could lead to new users discovering it, and new revenue streams, then that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by prokoudine View Post

We don't have a plan for paid development, so going through pains of getting into the Windows Store sounds like a waste of time and efforts right now. Hell, we don't even have active Windows developers.
        I remember I found really useful the portable version of Gimp, it helped me to use Gimp on a windows station where I haven't any rights on the OS.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          No fucking one uses the Windows store
          In that case, the Krita team made a mistake by publishing Krita in the Windows Store...

Comment

We don't have a plan for paid development
            It could be used as a donation stream, like Krita does with the Windows Store version.

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post

Who gives a shit, this is a Linux forum.
              Yeah, because Michael never posts about Windows, macOS, *BSD, Sailfish OS, etc.... Oh wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
                In that case, the Krita team made a mistake by publishing Krita in the Windows Store...
                Yes they did.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

It could be used as a donation stream, like Krita does with the Windows Store version.
                  We have no developers actively using Windows. We barely can fix Windows-specific bugs. Why do you want us to be buried under a pile of bug reports?

Comment

We have no developers actively using Windows. We barely can fix Windows-specific bugs. Why do you want us to be buried under a pile of bug reports?
                    I don't. I just wanted to help think of a way to put the Windows Store version to good use. You could use the donations from said version to get a few people to work on the Windows version.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                      Yes they did.
                      Actually, I'm wondering how much time and effort it took to get Krita to work on UWP.

Comment

Working...
                      X