KDE Plasma 5.16 Released With A Lot Of Polishing, File Manager Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kayote View Post

this is 5.12 lts, this options have been removed no more button ordering for titlebar.

https://i.imgur.com/NnzIIw1.png
    Maybe it's me who can't understand what you mean ... I haven't had the update to Plasma 5.16 yet, but in Plasma 5.15 I still have that screen and I think it will also be on 5.16.

Comment

the arrow with three dots was supposed to mean plasma it was introduced in KDE 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post

Maybe it's me who can't understand what you mean ... I haven't had the update to Plasma 5.16 yet, but in Plasma 5.15 I still have that screen and I think it will also be on 5.16.
        I should be more specific in the beta it's not there not sure of the final release though.

Comment

Has anybody tried it with another theme other than breeze? i get hit badly by this bug ! 407612

Comment

Originally posted by lolren View Post
            Has anybody tried it with another theme other than breeze? i get hit badly by this bug ! 407612
            hmm I think I had that bug not a wayland user but I'd gave it a try and it was unusable the cursor was lagging badly like everything was running at 1FPS.

Comment

the arrow with three dots was supposed to mean plasma it was introduced in KDE 4.
              Hmm, I'm just being picky, I just never liked it. I can vaguely see how they might've ended up with it from this: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fichier:Plasma_icon.svg But it doesn't really look like a metaphor for the word plasma any more.

Ho hum. I'll get back in my box.

Comment

hmm I think I had that bug not a wayland user but I'd gave it a try and it was unusable the cursor was lagging badly like everything was running at 1FPS.
                Same here! same symptoms. Works great with breeze theme.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_marmalade View Post
                  Hmm, I'm just being picky, I just never liked it. I can vaguely see how they might've ended up with it from this: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fichier:Plasma_icon.svg But it doesn't really look like a metaphor for the word plasma any more.

Ho hum. I'll get back in my box.

funny how times changes back then and hence even with kde 3 everything was so colorful, oxygen icons were full of colors now everything has to be flat and monochrome, boring, I might just use a kindle instead lol.
                  Last edited by Kayote; 11 June 2019, 01:22 PM.

Comment

funny how times changes back then and hence even with kde 3 everything was so colorful, oxygen icons were full of colors now everything has to be flat and monochrome, boring, I might just use a kindle instead lol.
                    Haha, I might use my Kindle too, it seems colour isn't allowed any longer! I use Oxygen icons anyway, which is a bit of a shame as I'm sure a lot of effort goes into the Breeze ones, but I just don't like them.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_marmalade View Post
                      Haha, I might use my Kindle too, it seems colour isn't allowed any longer! I use Oxygen icons anyway, which is a bit of a shame as I'm sure a lot of effort goes into the Breeze ones, but I just don't like them.
                      lol yes we have internet neutrality, gender neutrality and now icon neutrality, lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X