KDE Plasma 5.16 Released With A Lot Of Polishing, File Manager Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 5.16 Released With A Lot Of Polishing, File Manager Improvements

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.16 Released With A Lot Of Polishing, File Manager Improvements

KDE Plasma 5.16 is out today as the latest major update to the modern KDE desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

where's the option to order window titlebar buttons ? I don't get it, drag and drop doesn't work. has this been removed??

Comment

Originally posted by Kayote View Post
      where's the option to order window titlebar buttons ? I don't get it, drag and drop doesn't work. has this been removed??
      Why do you say this ? In the video there is nothing to suggest that they have eliminated window control on the title panel.

Comment

The only feature I was waiting for doesn't work - the Wayland session with the Nvidia proprietary driver (430.26).

Comment

Good job guys, have been waiting for this!

Comment

I personally prefer GTK environments such as Budgie, however this is certainly impressive.
            I wish there were something like this, just closer to GTK design guidelines (not adhering to them, though).

Comment

Finally! touchpad work perfectly under Wayland! it was the only thing that kept me from using Wayland session!!
              I`m so happy!!

Edit: huge memory leak on kde_wayland process!
              Last edited by lolren; 11 June 2019, 12:42 PM.

Comment

I'll have to check out if Copy&Paste (Middle Mouse button now works under Wayland) works, and if Wayland comes correctly back from a "sleep" state.
                So far - the latter always forces me to power-cycle the box.
                Linuxer since the early beginnings...

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post

Why do you say this ? In the video there is nothing to suggest that they have eliminated window control on the title panel.
                  this is 5.12 lts, this options have been removed no more button ordering for titlebar. Or at least in the latest beta that was released before final.

Last edited by Kayote; 11 June 2019, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Boo, they've still got the non-KDE related start button. They show the KDE logo at the start & the KDE logo lower right during the video, but no KDE logo is particularly visible on the desktop environment itself. The start menu button would be an obvious place to put it would it not? Does the arrow pointing to the right with three dots actually mean something I've missed reading about?

Edit: KDE is awesome in general, congrats & thanks to all involved in getting another release out!
                    Last edited by mr_marmalade; 11 June 2019, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X