KDE Plasma 5.16 Released With A Lot Of Polishing, File Manager Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kayote View Post

I should be more specific in the beta it's not there not sure of the final release though.
    I'm on Plasma 5.16 (using KDE Neon distro) and it is still there.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

I'm on Plasma 5.16 (using KDE Neon distro) and it is still there.
      ok thanks downloading then...

Comment

Did they fix the look-and-feel for CSD windows, or do they still think it's ok to have half your windows with a shadow and the other half without?

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
          Did they fix the look-and-feel for CSD windows, or do they still think it's ok to have half your windows with a shadow and the other half without?
          I believe they did fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by lolren View Post
            Finally! touchpad work perfectly under Wayland! it was the only thing that kept me from using Wayland session!!
            I`m so happy!!

Edit: huge memory leak on kde_wayland process!
            Someone on the matrix chat was talking about that. Are you using an Intel machine? It seems to affect only them.

Comment

Originally posted by Baguy View Post

Someone on the matrix chat was talking about that. Are you using an Intel machine? It seems to affect only them.
              Yes. Intel machine here. Just found out it`s windows decoration related. Does not occur with breeze window decoration. maybe unrelated, but native wayland windows does not have windows controls.

Comment

In the old days, to change the KDE menu start button, I used to replace the graphic, but now you can right click on it and get to a properties dialog to specifically choose whatever icon you want, either from your icon set or browse for an image.

I hate those dots :-)

Comment

Woohoo, finally Tumbleweed will pull it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Grogan View Post
                    In the old days, to change the KDE menu start button, I used to replace the graphic, but now you can right click on it and get to a properties dialog to specifically choose whatever icon you want, either from your icon set or browse for an image.

I hate those dots :-)
                    Oh so I see, never noticed that before. I don't like the rest of the icons anyway so changing the entire scheme from Breeze to Oxygen does the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
                      GTK3 on Xorg dosn't respect XDG standard for shadows, so I guess it will never be "fixed" with KWin compositing. It works on Wayland though.

Comment

Working...
                      X