No announcement yet.

Chrome 75 vs. Firefox 67 / 68 Beta Linux Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now, Mozilla is going full speed on the increase of profi, I mean revenue of their "foundation", offering a Firefox "Premium":

An anonymous reader quotes I Programmer: In an interview by Jan Vollmer for the German online magazine site t3n, Mozilla CEO Chris Beard has confirmed plans to launch Firefox Premium later this year. Answering Vollmer's questions about how Mozilla is currently monetized Beard answered: We are wor...

Comment

The only thing why I use Firefox today is CONTAINERS. The ability to isolate Google, Facebook, Twitter in a separate container from other sites is a huge win if you don't want Facebook to know which sites you visited (through cookies etc). And I can use multiple instances of JIRA or Slack in the same browser just in different tabs.

I don't give a heck about performance at all - I do not do gaming or programming in browser. And I can definitely wait 200ms instead of 100ms on JIRA to load, for example. But I do care about memory consumed, that's why I use Slack in Firefox and not in "native" app - it just consumes 20% RAM less.

Firefox is not ideal, of course, it has lots of issues. But we don't have a choice. Every other major browser is Chromium based, with all the flaws that engine has. And without addons, especially ad blocking ones - I think I will die sooner than Firefox gets deleted from my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
        And now, Mozilla is going full speed on the increase of profi, I mean revenue of their "foundation", offering a Firefox "Premium":

https://news.slashdot.org/story/19/0...ming-this-fall
        From the site you quoted I don't read any of about "Premium" Firefox. The guy said they are going to make some premium-level paid services (like VPN, Cloud storage, etc...)
        It's perfectly good to me, as long as they keep the promise of keeping my privacy intact, have opensource code and don't sell my identity to marketing companies.

Comment

Don't really care which one is better since I use both at same time. In some cases for me FF is faster in other Chrome is. It is not of a much hassle to drive both.

Comment

Scratch that, FF is still better in handling hundreds of tabs.

Comment

Originally posted by blacknova View Post
              Scratch that, FF is still better in handling hundreds of tabs.
              Out of curiosity, how one ends having to have hundreds of tabs open?

Comment

Originally posted by BraindeadBZH View Post
                It is cool to benchmark, but are this differences really noticeable by an average user?
                Definitely noticeable. I can't use Firefox for more than a few hours without feeling some major frustration.

Comment

[deleted]
                  Last edited by teresaejunior; 08 November 2020, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfyrion View Post
                    And here is me that I really dont care about speeds and I just need a browser for its functionality.

Really I wonder who the heck invented TABS on TOP and has become a trend for all browsers!!!
                    You waste a lot of secs going from the top of page up to the top of TABS to close a tab or switch to another tab and for someone who spends a lot of time on the NET with 100's of tabs this is a total waste of time and this trend TABS ON TOP must be stopped!

I am just so pissed off that I cant find a modern browser that cares about functionality instead of ULTRA SPEEDS and horrible layout designs.

I am now using Waterfox because of addons and tabs below web link and below bookmarks.
                    Vivaldi also allows you to place tabs on top, bottom, left or right as you wish out of the box.

I moved from FF to Waterfox when FF gutted a lot of their old addons, including Tabkit, which allowed me to move the tabs to the bottom of the browser. Unfortunately Tabkit, because it was killed by FF, never finished updating for Multiprocess, so I ended up moving to Vivaldi to avoid being forced to keep my tabs at the top of the browser.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

Out of curiosity, how one ends having to have hundreds of tabs open?
                      I have an average of 100 tabs open for session. Mostly pages that you discover or find, you are going to read them when you will have time...

Comment

Working...
                      X