Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blender 2.80 Reaches Its API & UI Freeze

Phoronix: Blender 2.80 Reaches Its API & UI Freeze

In order to meet the July release target for Blender 2.80, there is now an API and user-interface freeze on this next feature update for this leading open-source, cross-platform 3D modeling software...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The UI is so confusing. I am like oops I dragged something and now it created a new menu inside the menu and it disappeared.
    It is super confusing!

Comment

I am learning from scratch, and comparing both 2.79 and 2.80 it is so much progress and so much easier and intuitive for beginners.

It is amazing to see open source reach this far.

Comment

I wish the mice had an easier to click middle button (the wheel) because you have to use it a lot in Blender to rotate quickly around objects. Currently my finger starts hurting within a few minutes of dealing with Blender.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
          I wish the mice had an easier to click middle button (the wheel) because you have to use it a lot in Blender to rotate quickly around objects. Currently my finger starts hurting within a few minutes of dealing with Blender.
          You will not believe it, but Logitech has a mouse for you:

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            The UI is so confusing. I am like oops I dragged something and now it created a new menu inside the menu and it disappeared.
            It is super confusing!
            That's the old design. 2.80 design is nothing like that scenario.

Comment

I actually got used to Blenders design quite fast. Haven't tried new version, but I hope it hasn't changed a lot.
              Okay maybe only menus and icons needed rework and make all the menus flat.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

You will not believe it, but Logitech has a mouse for you:

Do they still make these kind of mice? I want one like that, just like I used to have back in the day, but only wireless (w/ USB dongle, preferably).

Comment

Originally posted by JeansenVaars View Post
                  I am learning from scratch, and comparing both 2.79 and 2.80 it is so much progress and so much easier and intuitive for beginners.

It is amazing to see open source reach this far.
                  Blender wasn't open source right from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
                    Blender wasn't open source right from the start.
                    That's nitpicking.
                    It has spent most of its life as opensource (was closed source only between 1998 and 2002).
                    It also was saved and kept alive by opensourcing.

Comment

Working...
                    X