Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GParted 1.0 Release Approaching For Linux Partition Editor - Live 1.0 Beta Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• q2dg
    replied

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    I thought they fixed that long ago. http://gparted-forum.surf4.info/viewtopic.php?id=17682

Is this a new bug perhaps?
    Sorry, v0.33 works perfectly. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by q2dg View Post
    Do you know if will it run on Wayland? Current version can't. Thanks!
    I thought they fixed that long ago. http://gparted-forum.surf4.info/viewtopic.php?id=17682

Is this a new bug perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by xorbe View Post
    gparted was the only one that could read/show the partition table from a truncated GPT disk image. Neither fdisk or cfdisk could cope with that. gparted saved my day.
    gdisk never let me down when recovering or doing shenanigans to gpt partitions.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by ZeDestructor View Post

You checked a long time ago them. I've been using the gparted live image for at least 5 years in UEFI mode. It might not be Secure Boot signed though, I haven't really had an opportunity to test that yet.

gparted has come with ntfs-3g since 2012 at least, I'm fairly sure, and I've used it to resize NTFS partitions since at least 2015.
    I remember downloading the newest image this year and having trouble with ntfs-3g.

Leave a comment:

• q2dg
    replied
    Do you know if will it run on Wayland? Current version can't. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• ZeDestructor
    replied
    Originally posted by Compartmentalisation View Post
    Last I checked, the GParted Live image couldn't boot from UEFI, which is why I always use a Ubuntu desktop image as a replacement (which comes with GParted on the live image). Will that be changed in the future?
    You checked a long time ago them. I've been using the gparted live image for at least 5 years in UEFI mode. It might not be Secure Boot signed though, I haven't really had an opportunity to test that yet.

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post

It doesn't come with ntfs-3g either, which makes it borderline useless. You'd expect a GParted live system to have robust support for file systems (needed for things like resizing partitions), but it doesn't. It's still a nice debian-based live image that can be turned into a pretty useful system if you feel like it. I haven't looked into how they set it up, but it boots up pretty quickly.
    gparted has come with ntfs-3g since 2012 at least, I'm fairly sure, and I've used it to resize NTFS partitions since at least 2015.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Compartmentalisation View Post
    Last I checked, the GParted Live image couldn't boot from UEFI, which is why I always use a Ubuntu desktop image as a replacement (which comes with GParted on the live image). Will that be changed in the future?
    It doesn't come with ntfs-3g either, which makes it borderline useless. You'd expect a GParted live system to have robust support for file systems (needed for things like resizing partitions), but it doesn't. It's still a nice debian-based live image that can be turned into a pretty useful system if you feel like it. I haven't looked into how they set it up, but it boots up pretty quickly.

Leave a comment:

• xorbe
    replied
    gparted was the only one that could read/show the partition table from a truncated GPT disk image. Neither fdisk or cfdisk could cope with that. gparted saved my day.

Leave a comment:

• Compartmentalisation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• emblemparade
    replied
    It's funny to me that for so many years this program has been my rock, and it hasn't even been at 1.0.

Developers have such different ideas about what "1.0" means.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X