Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GParted 1.0 Release Approaching For Linux Partition Editor - Live 1.0 Beta Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GParted 1.0 Release Approaching For Linux Partition Editor - Live 1.0 Beta Released

Phoronix: GParted 1.0 Release Approaching For Linux Partition Editor - Live 1.0 Beta Released

The GParted graphical partition editor for Linux systems has been around for 14 years and finally it's looking like the version 1.0 release is on the horizon...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What is SourceForge? xD

Comment

I like the sound of all of those improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        I like the sound of all of those improvements.
        As long as they don't sound like "whrrrr-clank-click-click-click-click" I agree!

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Originally posted by Zyklon View Post
          What is SourceForge? xD
          basically a file hosting service now.

Comment

It's funny to me that for so many years this program has been my rock, and it hasn't even been at 1.0.

Developers have such different ideas about what "1.0" means.

Comment

Last I checked, the GParted Live image couldn't boot from UEFI, which is why I always use a Ubuntu desktop image as a replacement (which comes with GParted on the live image). Will that be changed in the future?

Comment

gparted was the only one that could read/show the partition table from a truncated GPT disk image. Neither fdisk or cfdisk could cope with that. gparted saved my day.

Comment

Originally posted by Compartmentalisation View Post
                  Last I checked, the GParted Live image couldn't boot from UEFI, which is why I always use a Ubuntu desktop image as a replacement (which comes with GParted on the live image). Will that be changed in the future?
                  It doesn't come with ntfs-3g either, which makes it borderline useless. You'd expect a GParted live system to have robust support for file systems (needed for things like resizing partitions), but it doesn't. It's still a nice debian-based live image that can be turned into a pretty useful system if you feel like it. I haven't looked into how they set it up, but it boots up pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Compartmentalisation View Post
                    You checked a long time ago them. I've been using the gparted live image for at least 5 years in UEFI mode. It might not be Secure Boot signed though, I haven't really had an opportunity to test that yet.

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post

It doesn't come with ntfs-3g either, which makes it borderline useless. You'd expect a GParted live system to have robust support for file systems (needed for things like resizing partitions), but it doesn't. It's still a nice debian-based live image that can be turned into a pretty useful system if you feel like it. I haven't looked into how they set it up, but it boots up pretty quickly.
                    gparted has come with ntfs-3g since 2012 at least, I'm fairly sure, and I've used it to resize NTFS partitions since at least 2015.

Comment

Working...
                    X