Xfce 4.14 Sees Its Long-Awaited Pre-Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xfcemint View Post

Yep, I expect fast performance without GPU acceleration. Can't take a compromise on this one, as I really like low-powered computers.

I also have Xfce on a USB stick, for rescue situations. It helps a lot that it can start fast from a USB. That's why most USB-based distros pick Xfce. And a lot od modern laptops have only eMMC storage. Xfce starts fast from eMMC, but KDE does not.

Also, Xfce Panel has a deskbar mode. Windows has got this feature since Win95. Last time I checked, KDE doesn't have it. It is a real screen space-saver on a laptop.

KDE Plasma is a good desktop. But it's heavyweight.

For some people, KDE Plasma is going to be a better choice, and for others Xfce is going to be a better choice.

If you are dependant on eyecandy, choose KDE Plasma. It's not called Plasma for nothin'.
    Want tons of features? Choose KDE Plasma.
    Want essential desktop? Choose Xfce.

By giving users correct and usefull descriptions, we can help each user to select a desktop which fits him best.

Probably you are right, but I dislike Gnome 3 so much that I can't help myself.
    You are trolling. XFeces is not lightweight or fast. If you wanted something lightweight and fast you would chose LXQT or even fluxbox or i3 window manager. XFCEs is as heavy as KDE but lacking in both features and eye candy . KDE has a desbar mode and can be used without a compositor.

Comment

Also, what did any african, muslim or indian do to deserve it?

That comment must be deleted, it is just terrible.
      You must be trolling, there is no way you can be such an SJW cuck.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        Add the following in src/compositor.c after line 1649 for lower latency:
        Code:
        glFinish();
        (does not work on Intel...)
        Whoaaa! thanks a lot tildearrow just built latest xfwm4 using that change you said and I don't need to use the "Force Composition Pipeline" feature of the nvidia driver now to get a tear free experience

For anyone interested this small sed code does the trick:
        Code:
        sed -i \
            's|glXWaitGL();|glFinish(); glXWaitGL();|g' \
            src/compositor.c
        Edit: still get some tearing on initial scrolling, but works better than before, will try with xpresent disabled.
        Last edited by TheOne; 20 May 2019, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
          I know this is what a lot of Linux users want, but personally what I'd like are desktops that are nice out of the box. XFCE looks like Windows 95 and I've always had issues with how KDE looks OOTB for example. If you install Cinnamon from repos it doesn't hold up to the Mint default (which is admittedly nice).
          I do agree with this here, these desktops could do a way better job delivering a nice out of the box aesthetic experience. As much as I hate macOS for window management and other things, their desktop started to look real nice at 10.10 with the big changes from 10.9 and previous. Just my opinion. A lot of the Linux desktops looks pretty dated and amateurish by default, and many can say what they want, first impressions matter and many get turned off by this.

Comment

Ok, retardxfce, this is too much. Instead of apologizing you post this crap.

Ill try, with every power that I have, to get you banned from this site forever.
            I partially agree with you, ALL ****XFCE**** posters should be banned, including the original "debianxfce" who has been trolling this forum for years and the admins do nothing about it. This creature ruins the forum, causing many people to leave or not take it seriously.

debianxfce - of those reporting posts and complaining about abusive behavior / ranting, you are currently number one on that list of people complaining about forum content. You are officially warned and kindly asked to refrain from instigating / abusive forum posts otherwise bans / ignores, etc, may be in place.

A recent example of a user who left because of debianxfce's toxic presence.

Comment

Also, what did any african, muslim or indian do to deserve it?

That comment must be deleted, it is just terrible.
              The post was about suggesting that sweden and swedes are stupid or not smart for giving help and welcome those in need.
              They did absolute nothing...and my post wasn't about them...but I can see how you're not able to conceive or understand that kind of reasoning !
              Last edited by mrazster; 20 May 2019, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrazster View Post
                giving help and welcome those in need.
                How truly dumb and naive. Using Xfeces rots your brains.
                Last edited by retardxfce; 20 May 2019, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by retardxfce View Post

How truly dumb and naive. More example of Swedish xfce using intellect.
                  red hat sympathiser.

Comment

Originally posted by retardxfce View Post

What's offensive about stating a fact? Do you deny the demographic reality? In 50 years or less Sweden will be an islamic caliphate. Very "clever" those Swedes (Xfeces users)
                    The disgusting and offensive part was in you stating that swedish people are lesser just for being welcome, open and helping, and by extensions islamic people.
                    And you also drag xfceusers in general into the statement of being not clever or lesser beings. What has xfce users and linux to do with the kind of people we have living here ?
                    That kind of disgusting and degrading reasoning shouldn't have any place in a forum like this. If you want to discuss demographics and religions, let's do it in PM instead.

Comment

Originally posted by mrazster View Post

The disgusting and offensive part was in you stating that swedish people are lesser just for being welcome, open and helping, and by extensions islamic people.
                      And you also drag xfceusers in general into the statement of being not clever or lesser beings. What has xfce users and linux to do with the kind of people we have living here ?
                      That kind of disgusting and degrading reasoning shouldn't have any place in a forum like this. If you want to discuss demographics and religions, let's do it in PM instead.
                      I didnt say anything about helping those in need. In 50 years or even less there wont exist any sweden. This is what you get for "helping" economic migrants and illegal freeloaders. XFCE has to do with the topic because DebianXFCE suggested that Swedish people use XFCE and swedish people are smart, therefore XFCE is good. I posted an example why its not true. Why did you not protest when debianxfce generalised all Swedes as smart for using XFCE?
                      Last edited by retardxfce; 20 May 2019, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X