Xfce 4.14 Sees Its Long-Awaited Pre-Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

There is no mention of Red Hat thin client in that link. Someone suggest: Redhat with gnome 2 I think. Win on top of it as vm or remote desktop, as I can recall.

There is no image of Red Hat thin client login in the internet.
    IKEA is a huge customer of Red Hat and its been known their terminals use RHEL, and given the context of the screenshot its almost certainly a thin client, possibly even connecting to a Windows VM.

Thanks for praising Red Hat software though, I guess the Swedes are smart.
    Last edited by Britoid; 20 May 2019, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xfcemint View Post

Umm... this is not a nice thing to say. Can I ask you to avoid such words (problematic words underlined).

Please?
      Are you mad or something? It seems your comment is the most problematic. Can I ask you to shut up with this propaganda?

Comment

It baffles me how much people care about what DE other people use, strangers on the internet no less. Some of this thread reads like my conversations when I was twelve about which was better, the Megadrive or SNES.

On topic, GTK3 done just as GTK4 is on horizon...checks title, is about XFCE...yep, makes sense.

Comment

Say hello to bastard of Windows 98 and Mac OS.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
            Some of this thread reads like my conversations when I was twelve about which was better, the Megadrive or SNES.
            Grrrrrrr None!!! The best was the ZX Spectrum!!!

Actually, IT STILL IS!!!! Grrrr

( i just stopped here on my way to the basement, where "Treasure Island Dizzy" is loading )

LOLOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mavman View Post

Grrrrrrr None!!! The best was the ZX Spectrum!!!

Actually, IT STILL IS!!!! Grrrr

( i just stopped here on my way to the basement, where "Treasure Island Dizzy" is loading )

LOLOL
              I think I was too young for that particular discussion. But the Amstrad CPC 464 dumps from a great height on your colour-clash monstrosity.

Can you get all thirty coins on Treasure Island Dizzy? I could only ever get 29, such a frustrating game, especially with the one life. I wonder how many joysticks were broken from the bit where you need to have the snorkle equipped to walk into the next screen.

Comment

I think I was too young for that particular discussion. But the Amstrad CPC 464 dumps from a great height on your colour-clash monstrosity.
                What monstrosity??!?!?! That's not a monstrosity!!! That's Art!!! LOLOL

Can you get all thirty coins on Treasure Island Dizzy? I could only ever get 29, such a frustrating game, especially with the one life. I wonder how many joysticks were broken from the bit where you need to have the snorkle equipped to walk into the next screen.
                I always played from the keyboard (Z,X,Space,Enter), so... only the keys suffered ahahaha.

Oh and... i finished ALL the Dizzy's from 1 - 7 (3.5 included), plus the MegaDrive's Fantastic Dizzy - that was, actually, just a compilation from Dizzy's 1-6 all combined but in a great, beautiful and full of color game - ( Yes, out of jokes i truly believe megadrive brought the golden age of home gaming).

the most difficult Dizzy is Spellbound (aka Dizzy V), but Treasure Island follows closely because of that "Only-One-Life" thing they stuck us with.

I hold Dizzy as one of the greatest games ever

Comment

I am pretty happy with this pre-release I look forward for the Debian defreeze so I can start using the new components... What I really miss in XFCE is a true dockbar, an expose' effect and the double panel in Thunar... For the former two I prepared some concepts to the devs...

Since the moment they ported the screensaver from Mate I wonder if they can port the mate dock plugins on Xfce as well. Back to the Gnome2 era, there was a plugin that permitted to use the Gnome Panel Applets on the Xfce4 panel, but I don't know why you can't use it with Mate...

Comment

On a serious note, and I am not an expert, but think I know enough to chime in. With GTK3, and especially the later versions of GTK3, and since GTK3 is now in a stable release, only bug fixes, the themes are driving by a CSS variant. No more theme engines, there seemed to be a crap load of them for GTK2. My one gripe with a lot of Linux desktops is that they can be so darn ugly (yes, subjective, I know.) That seems to come done to design decisions for the defaults. Anyway, with GTK3 maybe we can get some nice design/theme options out there. And with good icons sets... I know a lot of GTK themes try and do the GTK3 with the CSS variant, then try to mimic for GTK2 with theme engines, etc. I say let GTK2 go. Just build nice GTK3 themes, let any GTK2 apps run as they are, they will still work. But just my take.

So what am I getting at? We need solid core desktops that can then be made to look nice! And I don't care what desktop or desktops those are.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
                      Please add "xfcedebian" and " fedoragnome" to your list.

Comment

Working...
                      X