• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    debianxfce, got anything to say?
    under his New Names he does, watch this space

Comment

Originally posted by xfcemint View Post
      I don't know about that. If you show me a Raspberry Pi running KDE, I'll believe it.
      This guy did it 3 years ago: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...c.php?t=149013

But this argument is a red herring anyway. Plasma is not worse on the desktop because you supposedly can't run it on embedded.

Comment

xfcemint

debianxfce

devuanxfce

retardxfce
        Last edited by Anvil; 05-20-2019, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

But this argument is a red herring anyway. Plasma is not worse on the desktop because you supposedly can't run it on embedded.
          A Raspberry Pi with ~1Gig RAM and 4 core 1.2+ processor is not embedded. Low powered yes, but certainly not embedded.

A desktop environment that cannot run on that kind of configuration is not practical for a lot of use-cases. Do you think many servers have a better GPU (and driver support) than the Raspberry PI?

If a server doesn't need a GUI, what do hundreds of thin-clients connect to? What does the rendering of the fat impractical GUI?

I'll tell you what the thin clients connect to. They connect to Windows Server via RDP because Linux cannot get its shite together regarding desktop environments (or even its fundamental display system these days (Wayland)) XD
          Last edited by kpedersen; 05-20-2019, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
            Ikea uses the Xfce desktop and Swedish people are smarter than many others.
            https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comme...kea_uses_xfce/
            Except that's not XFCE.

It's a Red Hat thin client. You should probably read the links you post.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

There is no mention of Red Hat thin client in that link. Someone suggest: Redhat with gnome 2 I think. Win on top of it as vm or remote desktop, as I can recall.

There is no image of Red Hat thin client login in the internet.
              IKEA is a huge customer of Red Hat and its been known their terminals use RHEL, and given the context of the screenshot its almost certainly a thin client, possibly even connecting to a Windows VM.

Thanks for praising Red Hat software though, I guess the Swedes are smart.
              Last edited by Britoid; 05-20-2019, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xfcemint View Post

Umm... this is not a nice thing to say. Can I ask you to avoid such words (problematic words underlined).

Please?
                Are you mad or something? It seems your comment is the most problematic. Can I ask you to shut up with this propaganda?

Comment

It baffles me how much people care about what DE other people use, strangers on the internet no less. Some of this thread reads like my conversations when I was twelve about which was better, the Megadrive or SNES.

On topic, GTK3 done just as GTK4 is on horizon...checks title, is about XFCE...yep, makes sense.

Comment

Say hello to bastard of Windows 98 and Mac OS.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
                      Some of this thread reads like my conversations when I was twelve about which was better, the Megadrive or SNES.
                      Grrrrrrr None!!! The best was the ZX Spectrum!!!

Actually, IT STILL IS!!!! Grrrr

( i just stopped here on my way to the basement, where "Treasure Island Dizzy" is loading )

LOLOL

Comment

Working...
                      X