No announcement yet.

Xfce 4.14 Sees Its Long-Awaited Pre-Release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently Europe also intends to ban free speech.

Comment

• Wait... the offensive post seems to be gone. I can't find it. Someone has deleted it.

Well, that means the discussion can be continued!

Where was I?

Comment

• Originally posted by gentookde View Post

Yeah, this is definitely getting out of hand.
        My new distro Tilde is unbeaten in performance coupled with the Arrow desktop environment, IBM-free software and infinite Hz kernel.

OK, enough of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          My new distro Tilde is unbeaten in performance coupled with the Arrow desktop environment, IBM-free software and infinite Hz kernel.
          If it's not uncountably infinite, I'm not buying!

People have the human right to Xfce, the best fastest desktop in the known and unknown universe. It say so in the UN charter. Here is proof:

https://www.un.org/en/universal-decl...hts/index.html

Comment

• I've got 2 versions: LoDpi and HiDpi.
            And I like dark. Cuz I'm a seriouz developer.

Right click on an image, then select "view image" to make it fill the browser window. Then press F11 for fullscreen.

Xfce LoDpi (1600x1200 @20"):

Xfce HiDpi (1920x1080 @13"):

Last edited by xfcemint; 05-21-2019, 11:00 AM. Reason: - reuploaded the images because the original host resized them down.

Comment

• I love Xfce. Nothing best.

Comment

• Have we a couple of XFCE sock puppets ?

Last edited by Slartifartblast; 05-21-2019, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by xfcemint View Post
                  I've got 2 versions: LoDpi and HiDpi.
                  And I like dark. Cuz I'm a seriouz developer.
                  Xfce LoDpi (1600x1200 @20"):

Xfce HiDpi (1920x1080 @13"):
                  Sorry but this looks like trash. I would be embarrassed to post such a crappy desktop with such poor taste. Delete this post because it makes XFCE look really bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Delgarde View Post

No. It does mean that XFCE _apps_ are closer to working on Wayland, since with GTK2 that was simply impossible – but it doesn't mean the apps don't still have hard dependencies on X11. And it's irrelevant for the desktop itself, since GTK is only the widget toolkit – it's up to someone else to provide a Wayland compositor.
                    wlroots could be a very good choice. I've been using sway lately and I'm very impressed of its stability and performance and how well it works managing displays.

Comment

• Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

i did test Kolibri OS in the virtualbox. That is the winner of features/MB used. However, my Ryzen PC did not boot with it.
                      https://www.kolibrios.org/en/
                      That's because your ryzen pc is full of ibm engineers interfering with booting a real man's os.

Comment

Working...
                      X