Xfce 4.14 Sees Its Long-Awaited Pre-Release

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    Just wait it to break because of constantly updating qt packages. No go when using a rolling release distribution.
    Originally posted by V10lator View Post
    I'm using LXQT on a rolling release distro since years and the only time it broke was when a brownout happened in the middle of an update. This interrupted update left different QT parts with different version numbers on disc so every QT app crashed. This has nothing to do with LXQT through, KDE (apps) crashed in the exact same way.
    Same here; I've been using LXQt with Arch on several machines for many years with no problems, and that includes using the Git repo for most of 2018. On a couple older machines, I've used the GTK3 port of LXDE on Arch just as long. I tried XFCE on them years ago, but didn't like it; don't recall why exactly. That said, I am a little excited to try out a full GTK3 XFCE for comparison on them.
    Originally posted by V10lator View Post
    So LXQT breaking for you cause of other QT probs must be a bug of your distro. Maybe this is why you're the only one using it?
    You really think they've actually ever -used- LXQt? Highly doubtful. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by retardxfce View Post
      I didnt say anything about helping those in need. In 50 years or even less there wont exist any sweden. This is what you get for "helping" economic migrants and illegal freeloaders. XFCE has to do with the topic because DebianXFCE suggested that Swedish people use XFCE and swedish people are smart, therefore XFCE is good. I posted an example why its not true. Why did you not protest when debianxfce generalised all Swedes as smart for using XFCE?
      Ok, retardxfce, I'll make one last attempt to explain to you. Your post looks very, very bad, and this is serious.

Whether in 50 years there will be Sweden or not is a pure speculation. Also about Sweden becoming Islamic Caliphate – it is none of your business. Swedes will decide what they like on future elections. Anyway, it's politics, and this is a tech forum, so quite a wrong place to post opinions such as this.

Helping "economic migrants" and "freeloaders", as you call it, here in Europe we call it "helping people in need", and it is regarded as a highly valuable cause. Thousands, millions of volunteers are trying to help people who walked thousands of miles to escape conflict zones for the reasons which were beyond their control. Your sentence makes it look as if all those hard working and compassionate people are stupid for helping other people in need.

Here in Europe, we don't laugh at people just because they have been less fortunate in their lives. This includes sick people and poor people, who usually have little to do with their unfortunate predicament.

Your previous remark manages to offend people on a regional (as in "African"), national (as in "Indian" and "Swede"), socio-economic (as in "poor") and religious basis (as in "muslim").

Not only does it profoundly offend, as in suggesting that some people are smarter or better than some other people, it also appears to be another call for separating the people of the world by some random basis, for the purpose of discrimination. Such a thing is highly unwelcome as it it likely to produce more conflicts and similar issues, and Europeans are pretty fed up with that. The world is chock full with wars and conflicts; they produce poverty and misery, and nobody likes to hear anything which can make the situation even a bit worse.

If you were to utter such a sentence here in Europe, you would quickly find that your only friends are either nazis, or thinly disguised nazis, fascists and racists. They have to be disguised because the rest of the population can't quite stand them.

You should appologize, especially to debianxfce, and you should delete your offending posts.
      Last edited by xfcemint; 05-21-2019, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ubuntuweston View Post

I only registered to report you. You ruined the best thread in history
        Another debianxfce parody account?!?! *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

The best one yet. Nah, I have been a lurker around here for far too long to not be registered. And by the time I saw the title I knew what a trollfest this was gonna be.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            I bet nothing, and that's not a shot at Michael. I'm pretty sure he's just the anti-censorship type. Besides, I'm sure he just views all the bickering in the comments section is just ad revenue.
            debianxfce is always good for a laugh, wondering what he's going to write definitely draws me to these forums

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Yeah, this is definitely getting out of hand.

Comment

Why would anyone use xfce when glorious twm exists. Joking aside, I use XFCE in my vnc session for remote work. But I really did use twm on DEC Alpha OSF/1 machines.

Comment

Originally posted by xfcemint View Post

How do you flag a post?
                  There's a button at the bottom of each post, between the Quote and Like buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                    I bet nothing, and that's not a shot at Michael. I'm pretty sure he's just the anti-censorship type. Besides, I'm sure he just views all the bickering in the comments section is just ad revenue.
                    That's definitely the normal status, it takes an awful lot of effort from a poster to get Michael's attention. But he has banned a few people, and this is only the 3rd time I've flagged a post in about 10 years. It's bad, IMO, but ultimately it's Michael's site to decide what he wants to allow.
                    Last edited by smitty3268; 05-20-2019, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                      There's a button at the bottom of each post, between the Quote and Like buttons.
                      Perhaps there is for senior members such as yourself - I'm not seeing it, even in the markup.

Comment

Working...
                      X