Xfdesktop 4.13.4 Released On The Road To Xfce 4.14 Possibly This August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xfdesktop 4.13.4 Released On The Road To Xfce 4.14 Possibly This August

Phoronix: Xfdesktop 4.13.4 Released On The Road To Xfce 4.14 Possibly This August

Xfce's Xfdesktop 4.13.4 was released on Friday as the newest stepping stone on the long and winding journey towards Xfce 4.14...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Also released the past ~48h

libxfce4ui-4.13.5.tar.bz2
    libxfce4util-4.13.3.tar.bz2
    Thunar-1.8.5.tar.bz2
    thunar-volman-0.9.2.tar.bz2
    tumbler-0.2.4.tar.bz2
    xfce4-appfinder-4.13.3.tar.bz2
    xfce4-panel-4.13.5.tar.bz2
    xfce4-power-manager-1.6.2.tar.bz2
    xfce4-settings-4.13.6.tar.bz2
    xfconf-4.13.7.tar.bz2
    xfdesktop-4.13.4.tar.bz2

Latest:
    xfwm4-4.13.2.tar.bz2
    Last edited by Candy; 18 May 2019, 10:22 AM.

Comment

It is great to see my favorite desktop moving steadily and slowly ahead! The *only* thing I miss from XFCE is a "expo" alt-tab like feature where all windows are shown on the desktop for you to pick.

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Latest:
        xfwm4-4.13.2.tar.bz2

Comment

Originally posted by waxhead View Post
          It is great to see my favorite desktop moving steadily and slowly ahead! The *only* thing I miss from XFCE is a "expo" alt-tab like feature where all windows are shown on the desktop for you to pick.
          You can easily replace xfwm with compiz 0.9 for all kind of usability eye candy, That is what I did for many years and works perfectly. Also xfdashboard may offer what you need, give it a try.

Comment

Ah, the almighty, the Holy Grail, will finally see a new release. debianxfce will be pleased.

Comment

Love the genuine possibility that XFCE's port to GTK3 wont be complete before GTK4 launches.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOne View Post

You can easily replace xfwm with compiz 0.9 for all kind of usability eye candy, That is what I did for many years and works perfectly. Also xfdashboard may offer what you need, give it a try.
                I feel that compiz is a bit over the top as far as eye candy is concerned, and I would prefer a xfce native solution. Thanks for the tip about xfdashboard , but it's not quite what I want.

Vistaus : Come on, leave debianxfce alone for once. He is not systemd or btrfs which usually a target for insane attacks on this board. Not everybody knows what zero page addressing is the first time they hear about it. Would you like it if everybody picked on you all the time?!

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
                  Ah, the almighty, the Holy Grail, will finally see a new release. debianxfce will be pleased.
                  xfce/gtk2 is future of linux desktop, hidipi aware, fast games no red hat ibm sickness

great update, look forward to installing it on my custom distro
                  Last edited by devuanxfce; 18 May 2019, 01:04 PM.

Comment

I wonder if they will left behind a bunch of functionality on the transition to GTK3, like Gnome did.

Comment

Working...
                    X