KDE Plasma 5.16 Beta Released With Many Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    IBM only recently bought RH. This does not make everyone a IBM employee retroactively.
    Everyone outside of XFCE and Debian is an IBM employee including you, a paid IBM troll.

Comment

don't need none of this kde red hat shit, soon enough kde will follow gNOME and require systemd and destroy our freedom cause of ibm red hat microsoft anti-linux desktop destroyers.

only saviour is devuan, respects freedom unlike buggy unreliable poeterring software like stupid gnome, heel my advice i warn you, im trying to safe you.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
        Plasma on Wayland really could see some attention by the developers. Overall it is working quite well for me on most of my machines (only on a AMD Ryzen 3 2200G it refuses to start and only flickers since some months), it has some nice features (night color mode), theoretically it should be feature complete, main development target, get LTS support, but the only real gap is that bugs get addressed in an acceptable time frame. There should be a possibility to increase priority for things like NUM lock prevents you from switching windows, copy and paste does not always work as expected, drag and drop is not consistent, turn monitor off and on results in a kwin crash, incorrect rendering of sub surfaces and flickering, stability of Plasma, ...
        I do use Plasma Wayland all the time, there are several workarounds to avoid running into bugs, but especially for new users willing to switch I can understand that it feels annoying!
        If you look at the full changelog, there's a ton of wayland improvements coming through.

Comment

this ****xfce trolling is getting out of hand lately

Comment

Overall, a lot of these changes seem pretty cool and non-intrusive. I don't like it when a change means sacrificing something (whether that be functionality, a feature, user-friendliness, etc) but that doesn't seem to be the case here. This update also fixes several issues I had (very minor and ignorable ones, but still problems nonetheless) and improves upon things I didn't even notice were faulty.
            I wonder if some of my other minor issues have also been fixed but holy crap that changelog is long. I think it'll be faster and easier to just try out the update and see if those issues are gone.

Good work KDE devs.

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            this ****xfce trolling is getting out of hand lately
            It is, though I also find it absolutely hilarious, especially when the original pitches in and inadvertently blends in so well.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
              Fixed version: Gnome3 has been in development by 10K IBM workers for 10 years and still more bloated and with less features than XFCE developed by a small group, the best, smoothest and fasted Linux desktop environment. XFCE is complete, it does not need further development only maintenance.
              Hey, it's the original, we were looking for you! How's it going, I don't know what we'd do here without all your insightful comments. Keep it up buddy, I'm sure your parents are really proud of your commenting prowess.

Comment

@nhgraham I wish you guys would add a general source, so instead of having to compile all the different components, you could just download all of the components in one package and compile them all at the same time (maybe similar to LXQt with a build_all script? https://github.com/lxqt/lxqt).

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
                  @nhgraham I wish you guys would add a general source, so instead of having to compile all the different components, you could just download all of the components in one package and compile them all at the same time (maybe similar to LXQt with a build_all script? https://github.com/lxqt/lxqt).
                  They actually do have something like that now, called kdesrc_build

It's definitely in early stages but already works quite well in my experience.

Comment

@****xfce guy... for all the useless posts

In the interests of full disclosure, XFCE is not actually bad per say, I run it on all my RDP machines because it is by far the fastest rendering desktop over an xRDP connection. Outside of that though... it lacks the fit and finish to make a full desktop experience on a local session.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X